The dates for this internship are May 17, 2021 through August 13, 2021.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Driving Environment Team in CAB Engineering as a Summer Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the Driving Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Group Manager Driving Environment Team.
Driving Environment team is a department within Cab Engineering, responsible for developing driving environment components for the Volvo & Mack brand Heavy Duty Conventional trucks. The conventional trucks are sold primarily in North America and with a growing presence in Latin America and Australian markets. The Driver Environment team is responsible for the Instrument Panel, Seats, Kick Panels, HMI, Door Panel, Steering Components, Brake and Accelerator pedals, Engine Cover and HVAC systems.
- Work closely with experienced engineers in the driving team and learn about product development and how to bring an idea from concept to production works
- Receives instructions on specific assignments, objectives, complex features and possible solutions
- Assistance is provided on unusual problems and work is reviewed for application of sound professional judgment
- Under guidance of engineers, analyze component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and to implement cost effective solutions as required
- Perform other engineering duties as assigned
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op/Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree (Mechanical Engineering) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- This internship will require up to 40hrs./week during the summer.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.