Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career? You Should Consider Us...
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a team work! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic and highly-skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’re so awesome that we’ve won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Life is Good in Hampton Roads!
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself! You’ll also find excellent school districts and esteemed institutions of higher learning, including Old Dominion University and The College of William and Mary, among others.
Who Are We and Who Are We Looking for to Join Us?
Simply put, we’ve been around for a while and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers. Also, we’d like to point out that business has been good!
Who Are We Looking for to Join Us?
We are looking for an energetic individual to join our Chesapeake, Virginia Marine Sales team as a Sales Project Coordinator. You should be someone who is extremely well-organized, has strong presentation skills, able to focus and prioritize work, and complete objectives. You should be a self-starter who can manage a busy workload with many deadlines.
You should also be someone who can remain steady and calm under pressure and enjoys teamwork and different approaches to resolve issues.
A Bit About The Position
In this role, you will assist in creating and managing sales material, coordinating and managing company demo vessels in collaboration with Sales and support sales activities. Some other key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with Sales all roadshow activities and supporting material when vessel is transported to new locations for sales actitivies.
- Coordinating and managing activities in Share Point and as well as weekly meetings and progress to include monitoring and driving various agenda content and list of priorities. This will also include coordinating the agenda and content for off-site meetings.
- Coordinating and organizing sales materials to promote Volvo Penta products with primary focus on features and benefits of Easy Boating concept for the Marine Sale department.
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyze data on product performance and customer feedback to identify product/service features that need to be changed and improved, as well as on market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor activity to identify market opportunities for the product/service.
- Working cross-functionally with Marine Sales, Marketing, and Sweden to implement new features material for the North American market that will be used to increase market penetration.
- Supporting the Marine Sales department with material promoting special events, trade shows or sales promotions.
Some travel (up to 50-75%) may be required to help support the Marine Sales Team offsite.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Project Management-related; or, an equivalent combination of skills and experience. A Masters or MBA is a plus.
- 2+ years experience working across multiple functional areas in a global, corporate setting.
- Experience working with sales and marketing teams both domestically and internationally.
As with Most Companies, You Also Need the Following...
- Expert experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly-skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation and success? Apply today for the position of Sales Project Coordinator. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.