We are looking for a highly-collaborative and skilled P&C/HR professional to help support our People & Culture agenda with a critical client group: engineering group managers. As an P&C/HR Advisor in our North American HQ location, you will work in strong collaboration with the Senior People & Culture Partner and other P&C/HR Advisors in assigned areas of the business. You will proactively build relationships and engage with leaders and employees to assist with a wide variety of initiatives to drive business performance and company-wide HR strategy. Areas of involvement include core areas of employee relations, talent management and succession planning, performance management, team leader coaching, immigration, recruitment, and establishing a vibrant performance culture.
This colleague will be a respected, capable, trusted advisor to advocate the people agenda within their client group.
The different areas of responsibility fall within the following areas:
- Talent Management and Planning
- Drive talent and succession planning to identify key talent, business critical positions and ensure internal and external succession pipelines.
- Understand, advocate and leverage the Volvo Group University offerings to ensure appropriate investment in the development of talent pools, leadership and key areas of talent
- Involvement with immigration processes for non-US colleagues
- Performance Management
- Support the annual and ongoing review of performance and coach managers through effective calibration and evaluation. Know employees and key talent.
- Enable management and colleague development
- Total Rewards
- Implement the compensation strategy and framework to balance between market needs and technology areas for existing and future talent
- Employee Relations
- Support employee relations and seek solutions to ongoing disciplinary issues by facilitating a balance between business, employee and compliance
- Coach and advise leaders regarding HR matters for their teams
- Culture and Volvo Values
- Embed the Volvo values through leaders and employees in GTT by supporting the ongoing culture elements and focus on the new desired culture
- Change Management, Projects and other work
- Support change management processes to organizational changes to help ensure the success of new initiatives and concepts.
- Metrics and Insights
- Partner to enable lagging and leading insights to help leverage talent as a business driver
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in HR management/generalist
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, in a related field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must be/have:
- Collaborative peer on a team of HR colleagues (This position partners closely with internal HR colleagues to serve the total client group.)
- Able to work within a matrix org; managing between local and global needs
- Strong functional HR knowledge with experience across HR including compensation, performance management, talent management, immigration and employee relations
- Able to effectively consult with mid-level leadership
- Open and transparent and able to effectively communicate across all levels
- Interest in understanding the business to understand how to effectively partner for HR success
- Able to work independently and prioritize work effectively
- Analytical and interested in using data for insights
- Proactive, solutions driven mentality
- Authentic and ethical approach, understanding when to exercise discretion and keep confidences
- Must be trustworthy and understand the importance of role-modeling the Volvo Values
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.