Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the global group function covering the purchase of automotive products and parts including aftermarket, for all truck brands in Volvo Group Trucks.
CVD consists of three teams responsible for Vehicle Dynamics, Rubber & Cooling and Steering & Suspensions. We are a group of highly dedicated and skilled people located in France and Sweden.
Within the Vehicle Dynamics team, we are now looking for a Commodity & Project Buyer, located either in Gothenburg (Sweden) or Lyon (France). Your main challenges will be to contribute to segment strategies being an active member in the global network of commodity buyers, in order to select the right suppliers, and to continuously secure the best supplier QDCFTSR performance (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management).
The Commodity & Project Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on his segments. He/She is responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- Manage the following Sourcing activities in project phase:
- To drive the supplier selection process in Projects
- To secure that supplier selection complies to the Project Targets/Budget (Sourcing deadline, tooling/SIPD cost…)
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection…) with Supplier Host support when needed
- To secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan (To be Supplier base, MCL...)
- To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package, and that all agreements are approved and signed
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Contribute to segment strategies.
- University degree in Business, Engineering or related field and or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Purchasing and/or extensive negotiation experience with a supplier/customer relationship
- Business acumen
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
We can offer you
- The opportunity to influence highly strategic supplier decisions impacting a substantial part of the concept selection and engine development
- The chance to work with large and strategically important suppliers
- The opportunity to work with products with a rapid and interesting development as the technologies have a fast development growth
- Be able to work and develop in a dynamic and multicultural organization
- Work in agile teams with the possibility to interact directly with Director and VP levels
The preferred location of this position is Lyon or Gothenburg.
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group takes first place in Happy at Work ranking 2019 in the category of companies with more than 5,000 employees. We also received the "the Great Place to Work" label awarded to the best companies where the employee experience is based on trust in relationships and equality for all. So don't hesitate any longer, apply now!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.