We are currently looking for a student to work with our team as an Intern – Mechanical Engineer for CAB – Vehicle Front. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of CAB Engineering. As a valued member of the team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineering, design, purchasing and other groups. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the automotive industry. This position will report to the group manager for CAB – Vehicle Front.
- Solve real-world engineering problems involving the design, testing, and/or manufacturing of Vehicle Front parts and systems, such as Hoods, Bumpers, Headlamps, Grilles.
- Support the development of advanced concepts;
- Manage and administrate design solutions and ideas through a cross-functional network of people and processes.
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and admin support to other members of the team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail: effectively managing multiple without compromising results
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responses to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident, and high energy
- Strong interest in Automotive/Trucking industry
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- This summer internship requires less than 30 hours/week from May 16th to August 12th, 2022
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.