About the Role:
- Manage assigned tenders within the region, including RFI's & RFQ's analysis, calculation, evaluation, suppliers meetings and negotiations, contracts issues (Be responsible for local & regional purchasing for assigned commodities & geographical area)
- Represent Logistics Purchasing in regional site meetings
- Be the first purchasing point of contact for assigned contracts and running business
- Work with global systems and processes in the region
- Drive purchasing efficiency in the region
- Drive continuous improvements and contract management during contract validity
- Deliver the agreed and committed objectives for the region
- Manage the commercial relationship with specified suppliers
- Promote and monitor the application of the required ethics & standards of integrity
- Regional business intelligence, (continuously follow up, consider and share knowledge about the evolution of costs & trends within the transportation and logistics sector with particular focus within the regions)
- Identify potential new suppliers and develop innovative logistics solutions in the region
- In full coordination with the Commodity buyers, develop and implement global Commodity sourcing strategy within regions
- For assigned contracts, handle the relationship with the suppliers representatives in the regions and perform suppliers evaluation
- Take part in local projects driven by regional Logistics Development
- Secure information flows between regions and commodities
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Logistics
- Min 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Show a real talent for cultural integration
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of Stakeholders
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Second language used in the region would be highly regarded
- Broad generalist profile with cross-functional background would be valuable
- Good knowledge of regional markets, transport and logistics innovations
- Good understanding of transport and commercial vehicles industries and business analyses
- General purchasing knowledge in all modes of transport and logistics
- Proactive, reactive and flexible mindset
- Result oriented
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Career development with Global prospects.
- Above statutory superannuation payments.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers.
- Supportive and friendly team culture focused on quality and service.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
- Workplace Giving Program.
- Free parking.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.