The team at Volvo Commercial Vehicles (VCV) Brisbane South has an opening for a Competence & Lean Manager to join their forward thinking and highly dedicated team at our dealership located in Wacol.
The Competence & Lean Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of competence training activities to support the dealership staff and customers, whilst promoting Volvo Groups Values of Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance. This role will lead and implement lean retail within the dealership retail operation, thriving for and maintaining a sustainable continuous improvement culture.
With strong technical skills and exceptional interpersonal skills, the Competence and Lean Manager will manage people through change, coaching for performance, and driving a team culture that supports agility and innovation.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the VCV Australia organisation as the leadership team drive forward with key business initiatives to be the number one customer partner of choice contributing to the overall success. With new trucks launched by Volvo Group to the Australian market during 2021 and our ongoing innovation and electro mobility journey, this is a fantastic opportunity to grow within a globally recognized company.
- Trade qualified as heavy vehicle mechanic or auto electrician, with extensive technical work experience preferably gained on Volvo, Mack & UD Trucks products
- Exceptional customer relationship and communication skills to establish and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
- Leadership experience, including coaching and developing, preferably gained within a workshop environment
- Strong commercial acumen and high-level skills in problem solving
- Proficient in in navigating around MS Office 365, Teams, Outlook and Excel
- Hold valid Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (Desirable)
- Volvo Group Australia is committed to flexible working arrangements, helping employees to achieve their work–life goals
- Competitive remuneration package including company vehicle and additional superannuation
- Advance your career with access to Volvo Group University and global career opportunities
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Additional leave, salary sacrifice a fifth week of annual leave
- Scholarship Program, open to employee's children
- The opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.