Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The purpose of this internship is to allow the student/intern to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Interns will be provided extensive hands-on experience in the field of Safety and Environmental roles. The intern will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced professionals.
- Under direct supervision, performs basic and routine duties in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the HSE standards along with federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of safety and health programs, systems and procedures within the ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 Management Systems
- Assists in monitoring hazards that may be present in the work area
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries and complaints concerning hazards in the workplace
- Works with Ergonomics Team to develop and implement solutions to workplace ergonomic concerns
- Participates in recommending improvement in processes, design, procedures and equipment to minimize hazards
- Participates in employee training, emergency preparedness and assures the quality of programs
- Assists in maintenance of training records, required inspections and data collection and input for environmental reporting
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Thrives in a team-based environment
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Must be currently pursuing a degree and remain fully enrolled in an ABET accredited 4 year college or university during the duration of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Safety & Environmental Health or related field
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours prior to the start of the internship
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.