Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. LVO (Lehigh Valley Operations) has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Macungie facility is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062
The purpose of this internship is to allow the student/intern to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Interns will be provided extensive hands-on experience in the field of Production, Materials and Paint. The intern will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff and engineers.
- Promotes manufacturing safety while maximizing efficiency and productivity and driving continuous improvement
- Understand cost objectives, schedule, machine parameters and criteria by use of layouts and installation drawings
- Collaborates with manufacturing/ industrial engineering teams in facilitating timely changes and ensuring accuracy of material information and engineering Write work instructions for prototype and test technicians. Monitor prototype builds and assure proper assembly
- Effectively utilizes all systems available to include quality deficiency tracking to manage and schedule final preparation, repair and testing.
- Communicate to assignment leader any recommendations to meet schedules and plans.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on, data driven decisions making
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively, desire for professional/personal growth
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Self-starter; works independently; takes initiative, data driven, can be a team player or work independently with limited supervision, Leadership,
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point, and Word. Microsoft Access and Visual Basic highly preferred, but not required.
- Ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan based on the available data, or generating the data to assess, implement changes, and following it through to successful completion
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Preferred background in : Lean manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, mix model planning, mixed model line balancing, process flow mapping, PFMEA, DFMEA, variant management, Demand Flow Technology, Hjunka, Ishikawa, Yamazumi, Gemba, Jidoka, Kanban, Muri, Muda, Mura, Poke Yoke, Andon, PDCA, Process based manufacturing, World class manufacturing,
- Six Sigma principles or certifications (green or black belt)
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Must be currently pursuing a degree and remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Preferred Degrees- Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain, Computer Science and Business
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.