• To contribute with input for vision, technology roadmap, define best practice and support plants with industrial robotic and automation competence. Initial assignment will be at the Volvo Truck plant in Dublin, Virginia to support the Industrial projects for the Body-in-White .
Support to production/Plants
• Manage the global robotic network with Volvo plants through out the globe. This includes coordinating and facilitating activities with the robotic specialist at each plant.
• Within their area of expertise, coordinate continuous improvement and benchmarking best practices.
• Map competence within network and highlight training needs
o Propose actions to close gap
o Contribute to training documentation
• Support the operational areas when a critical issue is faced.
• Support product and plant driven industrial activities and projects.
• Develop, document and maintain the Volvo Master Processes
o Develop, document and maintain applications supporting the Master Processes
o Propose, benchmark and set best practice
o Participate in the development of equipment specifications to support the Volvo global standard.
o Ensure that decided global solutions are followed
o Consolidate and manage current state picture for all plants.
o Drive standardization and harmonization.
o Technical sign-off of industrial investments.
• Develop the Technology roadmap for robotics and automation.
• Provide input/ideas to technology roadmap based on challenges and needs
• Drive the development and documentation of new technology, methods and equipment in the robotics area, including lead/ coordination of advance engineering initiative/projects.
Project/investigations (product, industrial, process and information technology)
• Support the manufacturing strategic manager in defining pre-requisites for product projects and input for product system roadmap.
• Provide process requirements with robotics specific knowledge and cost information for business cases
To provide in depth knowledge regarding:
o Business case calculations
o New investments
o IS/IT needs/changes
• Secure and support projects by validating manufacturing solutions, ensuring global consistency (e.g. the tooling and equipment supplier selection).
• Support plant technical specialist with appropriate methods for verification
Necessary technical/functional/language skills
• Leadership skills
• Recognized specialist within robotic area; 8+ years of experience and training
• Technical background connected to both product and manufacturing process
• Good understanding of truck or automotive businesses
• Good skills in English, reading writing and speaking
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!