Position Description Summary:
- We are currently looking for an Engineering student to work with our Aftermarket Diagnostic Engineering Team. We are looking for a student who is self-motivated and interested in gaining a cross functional knowledge about the activities in our aftermarket technology areas of project management, data analytics, maintainability, virtual reviews, spare parts management and vehicle diagnostics. You should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment including participating in hands-on shop evaluations.
- As a valued member of the Aftermarket Technology team within GTT, you will also have the opportunity to work directly with several stakeholders; such as Design Engineering, Logistics, Sales and Marketing. Volvo GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry.
- Assist in analyzing and entering data related to vehicle maintainability.
- Support Diagnostic Engineers in setting up CAD files for design reviews and creating presentations.
- Participate in virtual reviews of designs for both powertrain and vehicle installations.
- Participate in physical shop evaluations and document validation of repair methods.
- Support and setup methods for documenting virtual reality reviews and roadmaps.
- Support Spare Part Engineers in creating visual and written instructional documentation.
- Participate in testing and documenting diagnostics validations.
- Collect data on existing diagnostics and repair times.
- This internship will require 40 hours per week during the summer 2022 . Interns will be expected to spend time working in both the Hagerstown and the Greensboro shop/offices. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the intern to work a portion of their time from home. This internship will require location in Greensboro, NC for the duration of the internship.
- Internship will run from May through August, 2022.
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Strong communication skills, CAD experience and experience in thermodynamics is a plus.
- Proactively seeks knowledge and understanding of processes used in aftermarket technology.
- Detailed oriented. Collects data and deliver detailed reports.
- Flexible. Willing to engage in a wide variety of tasks and positively accepts change in priorities.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Personal Competencies: (examples below)
- Service oriented mindset
- Available to travel on short notice.
- Team player with the ability to adjust to new situations and stakeholder needs.
- Ability to work effectively with peers from all areas of the organization.
- Works with integrity and instills trust.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Engaged and proactively seeks knowledge.
- Ability to use various mechanic tools and lift up to 30 lbs.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.