The Pilot Plant Quality Tech position is responsible for the overall quality of project builds and supporting the implementation of quality measures.
- Work closely with Operations Technicians to gain a comprehensive understanding of their duties to develop and lead the implementation of critical standard operating procedures (SOP’s), using the VOC (Volvo Operational Concept) as the guiding platform.
- Create and support the implementation of error-proofing solutions that will be built into the assembly processes
- Develop and implement a computerized quality system to identify and troubleshoot repetitive defects
- Monitor the data collection process to proactively identify and correct issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in Engineering field or Industrial technology with 2 years of manufacturing experience / OR
- Minimum 4 years of Quality manufacturing experience
- Advanced proficiency in computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft products, quality systems, MES Systems, 3D CAD Platform
- Advanced capability in Problem solving methodology
- Must be able to understand and interpret technical drawings
- Must have the ability to train and support others with best practices
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the importance of quality measures and the impact to final product
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work a flexible schedule (holidays and overtime)
- Must be able to work overtime as required, and work any shift
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.