- Support the Product design team and make them more effective in both the conceptual early phases of projects and the more technically intensive development.
- Secure the technical feasibility and engineering standards of Product Design concepts and deliverables are valid.
- Propose / Introduce new technical solutions to the Engineering departments.
- Identify and propose solutions to conflicts between feature requirements and technical feasibility.
- Secure that the Product Message and Brand Distinction is followed for engineered parts.
- This internship will require up to 40 hrs./week during the summer.
- Access CAD data from all the different CAD systems, such as Catia V5, Pro-E, Enovia, KOLA, TDM,Exter etc.
- Communicate technical data between Product Design and Cab Engineering.
- Support the Product design team with packaging information.
- Support / assist in the development and construction of 3D physical / digital models with respect to dimensional and technical constraints and model builds in general.
- Participate in Product Designs development process.
- Act as an active link between Product Design and Engineering departments.
- Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Fully proficient in CATIA V5
- Problem solving on a high level
- Knowledge of PDM systems preferably Enovia
- Technical learning
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Science, Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Working in Office:
This internship will require up to 40 hours per week during the Summer 2022 semester. Interns will be expected to spend as much of their internship time as possible working in the office. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the intern to work a portion of their time from home if required
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.