The Pilot Plant Operations Tech I position will produce components by accurately assembling parts and subassemblies.
Perform any combination of the following repetitive tasks according to specifications and using hand tools, power tools, and production specific tools:
- Position and fasten together truck subassemblies including frames, axles, powertrains, cabs, electrical components, hydraulic systems and air systems
- Bolts, screws, clips, or otherwise fastens together parts to form subassemblies, such as doors, seats, instrument control panels, steering columns, and axle units.
- Installs mechanical and electrical components and systems, such as engine, transmission, and axle units; pumps; wire harnesses; instrument control panels; and exhaust, brake, and air-conditioning systems
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures including wearing all required personnel protective equipment
- Ability and willingness to learn to detect and repair non-conformities
- Use lifting devices in a safe manner
High School Diploma or GED/equivalent
Basic knowledge of assembly, attachment, and installation of parts
Good communication skills
General knowledge of operating forklifts and/or other warehouse machinery
Basic computer skills
Attention to detail
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to follow written plans and procedures
- Understand basic problem-solving methods or have the ability and willingness to learn.
- Must be able to maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Must be able to work overtime as required, and work any shift
- Able to work a flexible schedule (holidays and overtime)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to: stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend, squat and climb
- Able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.