Working as part of a team which is responsible for the total co-ordination of parts supply with the Volvo Truck, Bus and Penta Dealer networks thereby ensuring customers are able to fulfil their commercial obligations.
- To monitor and actively progress Dealer parts orders from input through to completed delivery. This will involve close liaison with internal and external customers including the Distribution/Dealer network and colleagues throughout Volvo’s European distribution network.
- To ensure that internal systems are kept up to date with accurate delivery information and that cases are processed, invoiced and closed as quickly as possible within service levels.
- To process insurance claims and actively chase progress through to completion
- To participate in the development of new customer service solutions to ensure the ever-changing demands of the customer are fulfilled.
- To provide operational reports, which demonstrate current trends in order volumes, parts availability transport delivery precision and performance against service levels.
- To identify the need for and implement changes in department procedures in conjunction with the Line Manager
- To participate in both Customer/Dealer visits to the DC Rugby facility and visits to the Truck, Bus and Penta dealer networks.
- To assist colleagues in ensuring that all tasks within the Helpdesk are handled in accordance with the agreed timescales
Desired / Essential Competencies
- Previous experience in a customer service role is vital. A business studies or related qualification would be an advantage.
- Computer literacy, intermediate knowledge of Word & Excel is essential. Experience of PowerPoint and AS400 mainframe systems would be useful.
- Customer focused with the ability to communicate with people at all levels across the business
- Team player with a logical approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision, very often under pressure.
- Flexible, positive and pro-active attitude
- Strong organisational and numerical ability
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work within a high pressure environment, whilst sustaining high levels of accuracy.
- Knowledge of the Volvo product range would be an advantage.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.