- Support the Volvo Group Design team and make them more effective in both the conceptual early phases of projects and the more technically intensive development.
- Secure the technical feasibility and user experience standards of Volvo Group Design concepts and deliverables are valid
- Propose / Introduce new technical solutions to the Driver Interface / Electrical Engineering department
- Identify and propose solutions to conflicts between feature requirements and technical feasibility
- Secure that the Product Message and Brand Distinction is followed for digital content
- This internship will require up to 40 hrs./week during the summer
- Access HMI / UX data from the different systems used within Volvo Group
- Communicate technical data between Group Design and Electrical / Driver Interface
- Support the Group Design team with digital assets
- Support / assist in the development and construction of 3D UX / digital models with respect to dimensional and technical constraints and model builds in general
- Participate in Group Designs development process
- Act as an active link between Group Design and Brand/EE
- Support studio work by designing and prototyping various digital proposals and wireframes to be used as mock-ups and UX bucks to validate Volvo Group Design proposals
- Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Creating flow diagrams
- Must be knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Microsoft Office
- Problem solving on a high level
- Knowledge of Agile
Minimum Education Requirements:
Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Design and/or User Experience (Computer Science, UX, Human Factors) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op/internship
Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Expected Commitment – Working in Office
- This internship will require up to 40 hours per week during the Summer 2022 semester. Interns will be expected to spend as much of their internship time as possible working in the office. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the intern to work a portion of their time from home if required.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.