Every year we look for a new generation of IT specialists - students and graduates, who are eager to join us for an internship - DriveIT. With the support of a mentor, they have a chance to learn and contribute to IT projects and teams. You can be one of them - start your career with Volvo Group IT and get to know us better.
DriveIT 2021/22 is here!
On 20th October, we are organizing an exclusive online event - DriveIT with Volvo during which you will have a chance to meet us in person and get more information about our internship.
Check out our website - https://driveitwithvolvo.pl/ for more information!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are Development Team focused on one application delivery and continiues improvement for our Volvo Engineers. You will have opportunity to work with and learn from four developers (backend and frontend), software architect, business analyst and scrum master – all on senior level. You will join our journey where together with Product Owners we are deliver high business value product.
THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY WAITING FOR YOU
We are working on following Agile and code best practices with code reviews, working closely with application end users. The goal of the team is to deliver the brand new application to serve our Product Engineers working on Volvo products like Trucks, Buses.
The application is based on JAVA (backend) and Angular 12 (frontend), hosted on cloud-based Openshift.
- If you are more into JAVA development you will work together with our backend developers, having the possibility to write core logic of the application and REST APIs that will serve frontend app. You will have a chance to learn how to set automated jobs for releases etc.
- If you wish to become a frontend developer you will work together with front-end developers and UX specialists to develop the best user experience for our users
THIS IS YOU
- You are a student in your 3rd, 4th, or 5th year of study, or you have recently graduated
- You are available for at least 4 hours during business hours (8 00 – 16 00) and at least 3 days a week
- You communicate in English fluently
- You do something more than only studying – you are a member of a student organization, student research group, doing own projects etc.
- You are keen to learn and gain experience
- Your knowledge and experience (in your own or university projects) in the following areas will be very welcome:
- Backend developer profile:
- Spinngboot, REST, Hibernate (or any other corresponding frameworks)
- Frontend developer profile
- Backend developer profile:
AND THIS IS WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A dedicated mentor who will support you in your further development during the program
- Possibility to work in an agile environment – let us show you in practice how it looks like
- Expertise in working from home as our internship is mostly undertaken remotely
- Improvement your soft skills and technical expertise through training and international projects
- Medical care
- Contact with real problems and challenges posed by working with a Business
Does it sound like your plan for the upcoming months? Please do not hesitate to apply to join our teams!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.