We are seeking a proactive candidate with data analytics and business intelligence experience to support the development and enhancement of analytics models. The ideal profile is someone who is a hands-on specialist with a demonstrated working knowledge of data science principals, data analytics and data visualization techniques, while working with agile methodologies and has the ability to work across many stakeholder groups.
- Provide assistance in data analysis activities
- Work to understand business challenges
- Provide business insights from the data
- Assist in the identification of potential data quality issues
- Support in the development of advanced data science models
- Develop statistical models
- Analyze results to determine best modeling approach
- Identify enhancements to further refine the model and it’s results
- Actively collaborate with Business Intelligence analysts and architects to support solution development
- Actively gain knowledge of business intelligence and data science requirements gathering techniques
- Assist with miscellaneous special projects
- Work as a part of the global Data Science community, interacting with team members in other countries to better understand global working approaches
Duration and Expected Hours:
This position will require up to 40 hours per week from May 16, 2022 to Aug 12, 2022.
Essential Skills and Required Experience:
- Exceptional skills in data visualization, including innovative approaches to presenting information to drive active decision making
- Technical background relative to data analytics concepts
- Knowledge of data science tools, preferably Python and Knime
- Advanced Data Visualization tool experience required, with Power BI experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI suite and Azure environment preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple tasks and clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles is a plus
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree related to Data Science or Business Analytics at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Strong undergraduate candidates will be considered, but masters students as preferred
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.