Are you engaged in your work, solution-oriented and prepared to go that extra mile? Do the future transportation solutions excite you? Are you curious, passionate? If yes – then the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you. We like to work hard; have fun and we are committed to our customers and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
We are your future colleagues!
CAB Exterior Purchasing is a very multicultural & passionate team, with a positive mindset & high energy. We are proud to be a high performing team, built around diversity of personalities, and a common dedication, interest in new technologies, desire to support each other’s to grow & develop.
We are a team that strongly collaborates with our internal colleagues and external partners globally, every day. We like as well to celebrate our achievements and work in a convivial environment. Through our work, we contribute to The Volvo Group Mission, Vision, Aspirations, and the continued success of our business.
WHO are YOU?
You are self-driven, curious, eager to develop. You see opportunities where others see risks with the ability to prioritize actions. Your strong business acumen is paired with leadership, strategic thinking, and proven track record in negotiation.
You strive for efficiency and speed in execution to secure expected performance and you stay accountable for the deliveries. You can rely on your communication and networking agility. You have a service minded & cooperative approach and most of all you are a true team player, you contribute with energy and creativity.
WHAT is the job?
You are the leader of the strategic activities on your scope. You are the global expertise on all QDCFTSR aspects and drive the consolidated global business approach on your segments. You are responsible for the segment strategies and ensure they are maintained and implemented.
You are also accountable for the QDCFTSR performance, securing targets are met on your portfolio. Together with the purchasing and cross-functional network, you proactively drive all relevant activities, use all needed tools and means to continuously secure a best in class supplier QDCFTSR performance.
- Own and develop the segment strategy, consolidate commodity buyers’ input, and ensure cross functional alignment, Bring together innovations in your scope.
- Drive the commodity buyers’ network and stimulate the business knowledge within the team (Facilitate best practices sharing, cost breakdowns, cost drivers, spend analysis, etc.)
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during project, production phase and after production phase.
- Support Project & Commodity buyers as escalation in negotiations, supplier issues.
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team.
- Manage project performance reviews with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers.
- Be challenging, questioning, to make us/our partners rethink our ways of working.
SQ&D: Supplier Quality and Delivery
- Masters or bachelor university degree in Business / technology (or equivalent).
- 5 years’ experience in Purchasing and/or negotiation experience in a supplier/customer relationship is preferred.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel from occasionally to frequently, based on ongoing activities.
Pauline Sasyan, Purchasing Manager, +46 76 5536551
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.