A rare and exciting opportunity has become available for a Sales Administration Manager to join the Volvo Truck and Bus North & Scotland team at our Glasgow West site. Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, you will be directly responsible for overseeing the management of all vehicle orders, inventory, forecast management and Invoicing to ensure the entire sales pipeline process is effectively managed and controlled in line with agreed targets.
Working with the sales support team, you will also be responsible for the management and development of the team to deliver the highest levels of service and ensuring that company objectives and customer commitments are delivered. Your main responsibilities will include, however will not be limited to:
- Day to day management of the Sales Support Team including overseeing the Truck Sales Process from order to delivery
- Being the first escalation point with the ability to deal promptly with queries & issues
- Key contact for the Volvo Factory, Warwick Head Office and Volvo Sweden
- Monitor factory build times and report delays/issues
- Overall Inventory management & reporting
- Accurate & timely financial reporting and forecasting on a short, medium and long-term basis
- Processing monthly TSE Commissions
- Accurate & timely reporting on other areas of the business such as TSE performance and market share
- Responsible for formulating and driving strategy to meet business demands and improve results
- Support direct reports and ensure that regular performance and development discussion are established to develop and sustain a high calibre sales support team
- Build strong, constructive, and open working relationships with colleagues across the business
- Maintain strong working relationships with the remote and shared service teams to secure the highest levels of operational and financial accuracy and timeliness
- Continually review systems and processes to ensure robustness and drive continuous improvement
To be successful in this position you must have the ability to communicate with diplomacy in a variety of internal and external situations, building trust and securing mutually beneficial outcome. You must be able to capture, organise and interpret to present in a clear and informed manner to help improve decision making across the sales process. It is crucial for you to have the ability to build effective working relationships across the business.
If this sounds like a role that you would be interested in and you are looking for your next exciting career challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.