Key Position Responsibilities:
- Advise, counsel, and coach managers on workforce related issues and in particular: implementation of strategies and policies regarding Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, Competence Management and Development, Talent Management, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Performance Management
- Promote positive employee relations in the work environment through use of effective HR processes, including coaching managers in the application of Volvo Values and the Code of Conduct principles. Champion the Volvo culture as well as assure alignment of management actions with Volvo Group values and principles.
- Coach managers through complex employee relations situations/issues
- Assist managers in organization design activities such as: design of position profiles, individual development plans, personal business plans, and effective organizational planning
- Integrate and align HR plans to support achievement of site/region business objectives
- Support the planning, organization and execution of various HR action plans, following HR strategies and policies
- Ensure manager actions adhere to employment-related company policies and practices as well as federal and local regulations
- Act as a change agent to support management in the roll out of new organization initiatives
- Manage Labor Relations activities and communications collaboratively with centralized labor relations resources
- Align with other regional HRBPs to ensure collaborative and consistent processes across all the Service Market’s sites
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in human resources in both unionized and non-unionized facilities
- HR Certification is highly regarded
- Thorough knowledge of US employment law and HR professional practices
- Coaching/facilitation/advising skills to help drive transformation and change in the organization
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (including effective presentation skills) with the ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Basic knowledge of business and accounting principles, including understanding of preparation of business cases for initiatives
- Leadership skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings with diverse groups, resolve conflicts and support resolution to a positive outcome
- Ability to coach managers and employees in handling various employment and management related issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with other HR Business Partners as part of the Logistics Services Operations Americas HR Network
- Fostering diversity
- People development
- Familiarity with unionized working environments and labor agreements
- Experience working with unions
- Experience with grievance process
- Experience with contract negotiation
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.