Mission/Purpose of the Position
The Demand and Inventory Planner position is part of the Demand and Inventory Planning (DIP)/Operational Planning (OP) team within the SML Supply Chain Optimization (SCO) organization. SCO is the function at Service Market Logistics where we enable customer success through an optimized supply chain from suppliers to customers by balancing service levels, tied-up capital, transport cost and performance. One of the most fun parts of being a part of the SCO team is that we work together with all Truck brands and Business areas. What we do has a direct impact on the satisfaction of our customers. With us, you can push your own professional skills and drive change together with committed people!
The DIP/OP team works to ensure high-quality forecasting of future spare parts demand for Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, VCE and Penta in North America. This position will be responsible to monitor, analyze and steer the supply chain from an operational level, while also developing methods and processes for improving and innovating the planning process by combining traditional techniques with future technology.
Scope & Influence
This position reports to the Head of Demand & Inventory Planning/Operational Planning NA and is based in Greensboro, NC.
- Simulate and optimize service, inventory, and forecasting parameters to enable cost efficient ways to meet future spare parts demand
- Analyze sales pattern versus system-generated forecasts identifying insights, trends, and deviations which can be actioned upon
- Lead flow planning (S&OP) dialogues with Sales Area and other internal functions to ensure proper input is incorporated in tactical plan
- Create and follow-up of high-level operational inventory forecast
- Explore and develop methods to utilize Leading Indicator demand shaping information to forecast parts when historical demand will not be representative for future demand.
- Ability to visualize and tell a story with data that compels stakeholders to understand and take action (PowerBI, Qlikview, Tableau, etc.)
- Execute high-level forecasting of sales and supplier demand
- Work on continuous improvement through the Volvo Production System
- Act according to the Volvo values
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Mathematics/Statistics, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience. MS degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience working with logistics in a complex global supply chain
- Holistic view and ability to grasp the end to end supply chain
- Knowledge of where to find relevant logistics data, how to retrieve it, and how to validate the data in terms of relevance, correctness and completeness.
- Knowledge of heavy duty trucks, commercial vehicle, or marine industry and value chains
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a global environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo’s Values and the Code of Conduct
Necessary Technical/Functional/Language Skills:
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Ability to perform calculations or to feed systems that calculate or simulate based upon retrieved date, and to analyze and draw conclusions based upon the calculations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment to all levels of the organization
- Ability to compile and present findings and possible recommendations to a diverse audience
- Ability to develop and maintain productive business relationships
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Preferred experience in 1 or more scripting languages (Python, R, Java, Apache Spark, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile methodology, Microsoft Azure, DevOPs, or software development a plus
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.