Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career? You Should Consider Us
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a teamwork! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. Volvo Penta has won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, Volvo Penta has been around for more than 100 years and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers.
A Little Bit About Our Team…
The Product & Customer Support Department for Volvo Penta Region Americas (VPA)—headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia—is responsible for technical support, warranty administration, product training, and customer relations for gasoline and diesel engine products for authorized OEMs, power centers, dealers as well as end users. Distribution of technical information, authorization of major warranty repairs, claim and registration processing, and resolution of customer issues are the primary functions of this department.
Who Are We Looking for to Join Us?
This is an important and challenging position and we’re looking for a highly skilled, multi-tasking individual who can work independently to assist our dealer customer base in determining methods to maintain and/or improve the competency level of each within Volvo Penta. We would like you to have strong mechanical and electronic expertise in troubleshooting repair, overhaul, and installation of marine and/or industrial products. Having in-depth knowledgeable of marine and industrial retail sales and service trade practices is desirable as is familiarity with Volvo Penta engine products. In this role, you will also be able to help develop and expand our dealer base when it comes to supporting new technologies such as electro-mobility, connectivity, and remote diagnostics.
This is a field-based position that requires frequent traveling (80% +). The area of responsibility for this role will service California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. Ideally, the candidate for this position will be based out of Southern California.
Some of the key tasks you’ll do as a Field Service Engineer:
- Provide onsite technical support and repair authorizations to authorized dealers to resolve product and customer concerns while ensuring their technicians receive necessary guidance and training to handle repeat concerns.
- Investigate & report safety incidents and findings to management.
- Work in partnership with the Key Customer Support team, providing local investigation, data collection, analysis, and testing to report and drive product improvements through a formal quality process.
- Drive dealer participation in the use of genuine parts and accessories, as well as completion of campaigns and recalls in a timely manner.
- Provide backup support to other departments within Customer Support and Training, including but not limited to, service dealer development, product training, & warranty.
- Promote Volvo Penta through brand awareness, campaigns, and incentive programs, while also representing the company at assigned boat shows and dealer meetings.
- An Associate Degree or Certificate in Diesel or Industrial Mechanics; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mechanical Engineering, or Automotive Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum (5) five years Marine and/or Industrial retail trade experience.
- Technical Certificates preferred.
- Strong mechanical and electronic expertise in troubleshooting and repair of gasoline & diesel engines, transmissions and controls systems used in marine and/or industrial applications.
- Experience with Volvo Penta products is preferred.
- Experience, training and certifications with alternative fuel vehicles or engines is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish, English/Portuguese, English/French), is a plus.
As with Most Companies, You Also Need the Following:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation, and success? Apply today for the position of Field Service Engineer. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.