Solution Engineer (Business Analyst) – Marketing&Sales Latin America
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Then commercial solutions is the place to be!
We are a unit within Group IT with approximately 1600 people having full responsibility to manage the evolution of all the commercial solutions used by the truck brands and that are common for the Volvo Group. On top of that, we also have a significant delivery for Volvo Financial Services. We forecast to deliver Business value of 2 billion SEK, which will bring great challenges and opportunities to be part of the digitalization of the Volvo Group. We offer unique opportunities to co-create the next step in evolution together with Volvo Group stakeholders as well as our customers. Commercial Solutions work in close cooperation with all truck brands like Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, Group Trucks Asia & Join Ventures, Volvo Trucks Americas as well as Volvo Financial Services. We have development and support centers reaching from Japan in the East to the US in the West and employees in India, Poland, Sweden, China, France, Japan, UK, Brazil, Belgium and the US.
Delivery Team Volvo Trucks Marketing&Sales Latin America
The delivery team VTM&S LA is a group within Solution delivery Unit Commercial Solutions that is managing delivery responsibilities for core solutions for the sub-portfolios Prospect & customer management, Complete Offer and Sales Order Planning. The function has full responsibility for runtime (cost, quality of service, maintenance, etc.) and for the delivery of projects and improvements on the portfolio for the Latin American Trucks Market.
The team is staffed with its own resources including experts in the corresponding Commercial Solutions area. The team supports roadmap design and long-term plan in its area and is responsible to drive deliveries according to the regional and global solutions agenda.
We can offer you a fantastic opportunity to be an active contributor of developing the next generation as well as maintaining the current solution portfolio.
Role Mission & context
As Solution Engineer (Business Analyst), you must have an upstream focus rather than implementation focus. You will collect, clarify and translate business requirements into conceptual design working with the project team and using appropriate tools and models.
The Solution Engineer (Business Analysis) Professional must have a good understanding of the business goals and stakeholder needs. Document the business requirements for new or enhanced solutions. Produce the functional specifications (including use cases) for the development of the solution and validate these specifications with the Business, Process and Project representatives. Be the liaison between the Business and Technical (IT) communities. Supports business in prioritization of scope and in selecting/designing optimal solutions based on stakeholder, end user needs and business processes.
Examples of Responsibilities
- Design solutions of high complexity both for Mainframe and .Net environments
- Responsible for the description of the As-Is process and the To-Be process
- Ensure that requirements and/or designed solutions are correctly understood
- Convert functional specifications into technical specifications
- Support prioritization of scope based on end user needs and business value
- Continuously work to improve existing ways of working
- Understand complex issues and identify opportunities and risks
- Recommend alternative solutions and identify deficiencies when necessary
- Support business case development by securing user focus in business value creation
- Contribute to build and strengthen long-term relationships with stakeholders
- Contribute with expertise in business critical and strategic projects
- Overall impact understanding of the proposed solution (business and applications)
- As a Business Analyst you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience in business and excel in demonstrating Volvo Values.
- You will need to actively cooperate with various stakeholders and navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment.
- You like to work in a global team, in an outgoing and communicative environment.
- Relevant experience as a Solution Engineer (IT Business Analyst)
- Elicitation techniques knowledge
- Analytical thinking and problem solving mindset
- Proven experience with software development like COBOL, CICS, JCL, VSAM and DB2 on IBM mainframe environment or Software development experience with .NET
- Confident and strong communication skills – both oral and written in English and Portuguese
- Ability to run meetings and workshops
- Good documentation skills
- Good team player – must be able to work with people at different levels of the organization and in a global team
- Relevant university degree
- Experience in application data modeling, activity diagrams is beneficial
- CCBA, CBAP certification is a plus
- Minimum Years of Experience Required
- Minimum Education Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Analysis, Computer Engineering/Science or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities
We can offer
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside IT services, delivering cutting edge services in line with the Volvo Group Strategy.
At Volvo Group we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, nationality etc.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.