Duration: 4-8 Months (Please indicate your availability on your resume and/or cover letter)
• Create, expand, and evaluate integrated hydraulic/engine/electrical machine (1-D) models and/or 3-D multibody/parametric dynamic models for use in machine simulations for product development
• Utilize model-based design in collaboration with our software development engineers to iterate faster in development
• Perform machine performance analysis to evaluate design concepts and drive design changes in early stages of product development
• Investigate and develop new component models from basic physics principles and successfully integrate them into machine models.
• Create reports summarizing simulation assumptions, methods, and results and collaborate with other VPD, Product Development and Verification teams to understand results
• Assist in developing new methodologies to further develop vehicle simulation capabilities
Required Education/Professional Qualifications:
• Candidate must be actively enrolled and pursuing a degree to be eligible
• A solid understanding and undergraduate/graduate coursework in system dynamics, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and feedback control systems
• Exposed to modeling and simulation of vehicle dynamics, validation, and correlation of simulation and test data
• Strong exposure to understanding hydraulic and control system diagrams to create dynamic system models.
• Experience in MATLAB, Simulink, Amesim, ADAMS or other vehicle simulation tools
• Experience with vehicle dynamic testing and instrumentation is a plus
• Experience with real time simulation and rapid control prototyping is a plus
Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and should not be enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
Additional Important Requirements (e.g. language, mobility):
• Ability to work independently and effectively with others
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.