Electromobility is no longer the future, it’s here and now! Come join the team that is driving the adoption of Volvo electric trucks in the North American market. Together, we’ll lead the charge towards secure a leading position in the world of electromobility. Each and every day you’ll be building upon our solid foundation within electric vehicles by working with customers, the Volvo dealer network, suppliers and colleagues to drive the adoption and development of the electromobility business. With our VNR Electric, a tested and proven heavy-duty electric vehicle that has been commercialized in North America, the opportunity to grow and develop in this realm of manufacturing, technology and clean vehicle solutions is endless!
- Knowledgeable expert within electromobility offerings and ecosystems in North America
- Develop a roadmap to drive the market for heavy-duty electric vehicles in North America
- Work with regional commercial teams to optimize our electromobility offering for customers
- Secure electric vehicle volumes and profitability targets in alignment with Volvo’s strategic goals
- Work with customers to identify operational, creative, and profitable vehicle solutions for their business that will in turn be a business model for the future
- Prepare and present electric vehicle proposals to dealers & customers
- Establish a partnership with customers and dealers by evaluating business needs, vehicle applications and suitability/viability of electric vehicles for their operations
- Develop customer benefit models such as total cost of ownership
- Interface with internal teams to secure ordering and delivery of electric vehicles
- Work cross-functionally with all business areas to secure a total offer for our customers: Charging, Financing, Contract Services, Training, etc
- Grow knowledge of, and participate in, grant programs for developing and securing customer funding and incentives to drive the total cost of ownership
- Prepare electric vehicle demo programs for dealers and customers
- Collaborate with customers to secure that we provide an optimized electric vehicle solution for their business
- Define and develop tools for supporting the sale of electric vehicles; ie. truck specifications, range simulation, charging requirements
- Support the electric vehicle hand-over process and provide initial driver support to make the adoption of electric vehicles for our customers a smooth process
- Promote Volvo Trucks North America electromobility development and initiatives at all levels: internal, external, media
You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related field with technical knowledge of electromobility. You, also, bring 7 years relevant industry experience in product planning, product marketing, operations or product development within commercial vehicle industry
To be the perfect match for this role, your critical competencies will include:
- Product knowledge Electric vehicle technical and usage
- Customer experience
- Truck market
- TSP experience
- Customer focus
- Communication and presentation skills
- Action oriented
- Negotiation skills
- Holistic view
- Lead with passion
- Perform with purpose
- Transform with vision
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.