Are you curious about finding ways for computers to automate mundane human tasks and increase the quality and quantity of work we can do?
Do you share the notion that Test Automation is fast, furious, and fun?
If so, keep reading.
The Test Automation team is at the heart of innovation at Volvo Group Trucks Technology North America (GTT-NA). We develop solutions to automate the verification of electronics and software for GTT-NA products and services. We are looking to strengthen our team with embedded software developers who have the drive and passion to join us on our journey. We hope you are interested in joining a team where we share responsibility and are proud of our products and solutions. Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals.
We have a strong culture based on our values, which is central to all our work. We believe in a culture where
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance
- We are obsessed with Customer Success
- We initiate Change to stay ahead
- We willingly place our Trust in each other
- We have a huge Passion for what we do
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop hardware and software components and systems to automate testing of electronics and connectivity components
- Contribute to the strategy, architecture, and technical roadmaps of the Test Automation team deliveries
- Contribute to the Continuous Development and Continuous Integration (CD/CI) efforts
- Work with agile processes and software standards to maintain efficient, well organized, reusable, and reliable software to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and robustness of software applications
- Capable of solving engineering problems through accurate interpretation of requirements and test results
- Practical programming experience with various languages using object-oriented analysis and programming techniques (i.e. Embedded C, C#, C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Experience in software analysis, development, task time and effort estimation, and execution to plan
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Desired Competencies: Customer Focus, Decision quality, Collaboration, Values differences, Action-oriented
Other Valuable Experience
Experience performing requirement analysis and definition, working with stakeholders to refine product requirements to be realized in embedded software components
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
Experience with Network protocols and CAN communication and associated tools (i.e. Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, etc.) is a plus
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- 0-3+ years of electrical engineering experience, ideally in the fields of embedded hardware and software engineering
- Experience with Agile development methodology, such as SCRUM and SAFe is a plus
- Passenger car or commercial vehicle engineering experience a plus
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.