Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
The purpose of this position is to manage the parts pricing strategies and maintenance for Vendor “All Makes” parts including parts from the Vendor Direct Ship Programs and Parts Distribution Center.
- Develop and implement parts pricing strategies for all Volvo/Mack, US and Canadian, non-proprietary vendor product offerings. This includes parts and units distributed through both the PDC and Vendor Direct Ship channels.
- Create and maintain short and long term price and margin strategies for key portfolio segments
- Manage all Vendor Program criteria in Direct Ship Program system. Coordinate with purchasing, product managers, and vendors to insure integrity of cost, price, freight terms, and related data entered in Direct Ship Program system.
- Prepare future updates to existing prices to align with strategy and cost changes. Analyze financial impact for both PDC and Direct Ship Programs for business planning.
- Optimize and maintain price matrix structures for dealer suggested retail pricing.
- Develop and maintain competitive market price studies specific to portfolio. Prepare recommendations to be reviewed with Parts Marketing and Aftermarket Purchasing to maintain a competitive price position and optimize profit opportunities.
- Review concession and promotional pricing. Modify base price levels where excessive promotions and concessions exist.
- Gather and analyze concession data to develop ad hoc reports and recommendations for the sales team to assist with negotiations to drive sales and profitability
- Load and troubleshoot concessions/promotions to ensure system compatibility
- Track, analyze, and report to marketing on promotion effectiveness
- Make recommendations as needed on special promotions for events
- Provide support to resolve invoice disputes with suppliers and billing errors to dealers.
- Passion for using analytics in problem solving
- Technical expertise or willingness to learn skills quickly
- Quality of work output and productivity balance
- Strong business and financial understanding
- Action oriented and not fearful to act with minimal planning
- Comfortable standing alone and going against grain when passionate
- Priority setting and able to focus on what’s important
- Record of building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Strong PC skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite of products; Excel and Access in particular.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Math or equivalent 3-4 years of experience. MBA Preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a finance, pricing, sales, marketing or engineering.
- Experience in multi-faceted problem solving & experience with customer/dealer contact.
- Experience with developing and managing database structures and systems.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.