Group Real Estate is an integrated function in the Volvo Group, with strategic and operational responsibility for the Group’s properties and real estate assets as well as for facility management. We are responsible for the entire property lifecycle, from acquisition to divestment. We optimize the use and value of the Volvo Group's facilities, owned and leased. We act as a center of expertise, generating economies of skill and scale in the real estate area. The Volvo Group values are our guiding stars in everything we do, e.g. develop an attractive workplace for the Volvo Group’s employees worldwide. We are approximately 300 employees supporting Volvo Group in 60 countries worldwide. Our property footprint consists of some 1000 sites, both leased and owned. We manage all types of properties: dealers, workshops, offices, warehouses, production facilities and more.
At Group Real Estate (GRE) we have decided to be the business partner in securing performance and driving transformation for Volvo Group. To be able to fulfill our target image, we will focus on the excellence in Project Management – and your contribution will be crucial!
This is us, your new colleagues
The Center of Expertise function (CoE) is a highly engaged group of experts within the property and facility management area and consists of employees situated in Sweden, Poland and France. You will report to the VP Center of Expertise within Group Real Estate and be part of the CoE team with focus on Construction projects, Property Investments and Health and Safety as part of Property Project Management.
The main mission of the position is to drive, coordinate and adopt professionalized practices of excellence in Project Management, Health and Safety and Investment Management. As the Property Projects Development Manager you will drive internal collaboration on a global level as well as continuous development of our global real estate processes, project principles and methods. Together with colleagues in the CoE team you will support all Group Real Estate (GRE) divisions to develop in the expertise areas and secure best practice sharing within GRE to continuously improve quality and efficiency in our ways of working to always stay ahead. The work is done in close cooperation also with our colleagues within Volvo Group and our contractors/suppliers.
Your main focus will be:
- Responsible to drive transfer of knowledge, updates, training, best practice sharing and feedback on a global level through established forums
- Responsible to develop, improve and follow up of the GRE project management guidelines, instruction and tools (methods and systems). Secure alignment within GRE as a whole and between the divisions regarding project management
- Drive the digitalization agenda within construction and project management area and work with the business to embrace new technologie including development of global CAD/BIM manuals and requirements
- Responsible to review and monitor project portfolio to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget
- Review technical documentation and propose solutions in investment projects to secure set targets for the solution
- Responsible to develop way of working within Health and Safety in our constructions projects, including follow up and secure compliance within the organization
- Collaborate with and support the GRE divisions and Purchasing department on sourcing projects and project management activities
Who are you?
To add value in this position you need a lot of energy and love for developing and influence people around you to be their best selves and to drive innovative teams that are accountable to deliver. You are well organized, can manage your workload and have excellent communication and networking skills. You believe in yourself and what you do - but most of all you are a true team player and contribute with a good team spirit.
To be successful in your new role we want you have a good understanding of the real estate business. You will also need the following knowledge/experience:
- Master of Science Degree within the area of Property Management/ or Civil Engineering diploma within Construction Management or similar
- At least 7 years of experience from working within the area of expertise
- Successful global program- or project management experience including techniques and tools
- Extensive knowledge of supplier market mechanisms within the construction management area
- Extensive knowledge of impact on environmental aspects and other steering documents within this area of expertise
- Experience in driving digitalization within your field of work including working with BIM processes
- Experience in working with change management within organizations
Are we A perfect match?
Do you recognize yourself in what is described above? Then we are hoping to hear from you! You may be a perfect match that we want in our team of skilled colleagues to work with some truly exciting challenges and opportunities. You will work in a global environment where there are a lot of development opportunities, both professionally and personally. At Volvo Group we want you to thrive and be happy, because when you succeed, we succeed. We are eager to learn from you and you will get great opportunities to learn and develop with us.
At Group Real Estate we are actively working to establish a team that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, nationality, etc. We find that well balanced working groups increases group dynamics, creativity and bring new approaches to solutions.
Location: The location of the position is in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Travel: Occasional travelling will be required.
Curious and have some questions? Please give me a call!
Hiring Manager, Fredrik Pettersson VP Center of Expertise Group Real Estate, +46 31 3220426
Last application date: 2021-11-08
Apply now. We continuously evaluate candidates.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
As employees, every day of our working lives, we utilize the Volvo Group properties and the associated facility management services as part of our day to day routine. Group Real Estate provides quality buildings and facility management services that support Volvo Group's identity, safety and environmental care within a cost-efficient framework. This is crucial in order to allow the Volvo Group to manufacture products and deliver services required by our end customers. Group Real Estate is organized in seven divisions and three functions.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.