Service Market Logistics, one of our well-respected departments at Volvo Group. It is with great honor that we look at our distribution center, as it is the biggest one of the Volvo Group worldwide. It holds spare parts of every brand, which means all spare parts of the truck brands, the construction equipment, the busses and the marine- and industrial engines. Being successful in the long run, that’s our vision! Therefore, we offer storage but also secondary activities, which focus on delivery precision, service and efficiency
This is us, your new colleagues
We are a young team, with different functions and activities, often working cross-functionally with our operations and other stakeholders within the Volvo Group. With a strong focus on service, we work together to analyze deviations and set up pro-active actions, predict workload and plan our resources. Together with a fellow Data Analyst, you will provide timely qualitative reports and support the operations by providing and analyzing data.
Do you just love to…
- Unleash the value of data
- Secure regular updates of all follow-up for Distribution Center Gent Operations (daily/weekly/monthly) & try to automatize to a maximum extend
- Work and experiment with state-of-the-art data processing, machine learning, RPA and AI technologies
- Understand how analytics may/will transform industry dynamics
- Use your scientific knowledge and engineering skills to analyze large volumes of complex data, create models that can be applied to challenging problems, and develop new algorithms to address Distribution Center Gent needs
- Contribute to insights and new data driven service innovation, from idea generation to deployment
- Collaborate with different functions as well as external partners, both large multinationals and start-ups, with the purpose of exploring new opportunities for the Distribution Center Gent
- Secure hand-over of data models and concepts, to enable performance and value at scale for all Distribution Center Gent departments
Are you the one?
- You are following a Master degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, or related area
- You speak fluent Dutch & English
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex challenges and devising new approaches to reach results
- You are a driving personality that are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics
- Ability to visualize data and analytics results in a format appropriate for different audiences
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- You have storytelling skills and the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- Coding skills (such as Excel VBA, Python, Object oriented programming)
- Visualization tools like Qliksense and Power BI are considered a plus
- Data access (e.g., SQL, CSV, Azure , Microsoft Power Automate & apps)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
A perfect match
You like the area of data, and want to know which impact data can have on the operations? Besides this: working in the Operations with data should be fun, so we are looking for someone with also some humor. You feel this could be an interesting internship, apply!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.