Forging products are very high consumer of raw material and energy. Therefore optimizing the products and processes could make a huge difference to our CO2 footprint and that is where you could contribute. Sounds interesting? Good you might be the person we need!
We are looking for a person with a creative and solution-oriented mindset along with good communication and networking skills.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a multi-cultural team of passionate colleagues located in Europe (Lyon, France and Gothenburg, Sweden).
We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange.
You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team.
As a Commodity and Project Buyer you will be accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers in your portfolio.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Strive to be an expert on the related segment, selecting and managing suppliers, in link with industrial and technical roadmaps;
- Drive purchasing activities in cross-functional product projects in early phases, to deliver commitments fulfilling project gates;
- Forecast cost evolution for your scope, implement agreements and negotiate extra cost savings by using your own skills, Purchasing tools, Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain;
- Lead sourcing cases to be presented to the sourcing decision body;
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with internal stakeholders (Quality, Manufacturing,…);
- Bring innovation in your scope and actively contribute to the VOLVO Transformation journey
- Contribute to the strategy of the segment by sharing knowledge in connection to suppliers in your portfolio
WHO ARE YOU?
As a person we believe that you have a business-oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
Your main qualifications can be summarized as:
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- 3+ years of Purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication and networking skills with positive attitude
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset
- Accountable, self-driven and autonomous
- Structured way of working
- Ability to create and maintain a fun and trust-based cross functional network.
- Proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- Analytical skills with ease on Office/IT tools
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
If this captured your interest, why not contact us or apply to get to know more about this opportunity! We are hoping to hear from you!
Volvo Group takes first place in Happy at Work ranking 2019 in the category of companies with more than 5,000 employees. We also received the "the Great Place to Work" label awarded to the best companies where the employee experience is based on trust in relationships and equality for all. So don't hesitate any longer, apply now!
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.