Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for performing daily purchasing activities, negotiating, contracting, and managing our suppliers in accordance with the Volvo policy.
What will you do?
- Responsible for a purchasing portfolio in terms of QSCC (Quality, Sustainability, Capacity & Cost).
- Identify and select suppliers to meet VCE requirements.
- Carry out the various activities required for the purchase of components within your scope (understanding the customers need, negotiation, placing orders, logistics and financial flows, etc.)
- Optimize total acquisition costs in partnership with other departments (quality, logistics, engineering, production, etc.).
- Implement the purchasing strategy and actions in the context of new projects, product development and modifications in synergy with the design office, production or sales teams.
- Manage the relationship with suppliers in collaboration with other functions: problem solving (quality, logistic, costs, disputes).
- Deploy the group purchasing strategy within your portfolio.
Required technical knowledge:
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Knowing how to break down a supplier production cost, knowing the steps of a total cost of ownership.
- Reading of technical drawings, understanding of functional specifications.
- SAP knowledge.
- Knowledge of Pack Office IT tools.
Without forgetting the following functional skills:
- Knowing how to negotiate contracts while preserving VCE's interests and knowing how to establish relationships of trust with suppliers.
- Position yourself as a technical and economic benchmark with engineering teams and know how to clearly present supplier recommendations.
So, who are you?
Minimum bachelor’s degree in purchasing, supply chain, engineering, economics or related field is an advantage.
Working experience (minimum 3 years) within Purchasing and/or Supply Chain.
Fluent in English (minimum European B2 level) and French.
You can manage all types of situations thanks to your experience, you are a force for proposal and having a holistic view.
Are you passionate about Purchasing, have a team spirit and good communication and interpersonal skills allowing you to interact with all types of interlocutors?
Are you results-oriented, like to take initiatives and want to strengthen your expertise over time.
Occasional trips to our suppliers and within our factories (mainly in Europe).
Do not hesitate any longer, apply and come join us! You will join committed and passionate teams.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.