You will have the responsibility for the function performance, development, and deliverables. You are accountable for managing and optimizing the IT services delivered within your scope and driving standardization, and ensuring consistency of the on-site deliveries in your geographical area. You operate in a geographical context, having several interfaces to other IOS functions, Group IT units, CP&IT, and IT stakeholders within Volvo Group.
The IOS Onsite Manager is responsible for the activities related to Information Technology (IT) in the company, involving the definition, development, maintenance, and operation of systems, as well as for maintaining the area's technological level up to date, conducting studies and implementing new procedures and techniques. The IOS Onsite Manager is responsible for the selection of hardware, software, and supplies.
Group IT within Volvo Group
Group IT within Volvo Group is the organization with end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, and support of IT solution for the Volvo Group.
Infrastructure and Onsite Services (IOS)
Group IT – Infrastructure and Onsite Services is a global unit consisting of approximately 650 employees and consultants in most Volvo Group's locations. The function's mission is to ensure that Volvo is provided with the right End-User tools and services at the agreed quality and optimal cost. At factories, warehouses, and small sites also facilitate infrastructure demand collection and secure the delivery execution for IT services through a local presence.
Onsite Americas is a regional function consisting of more than 80 employees and consultants in all Americas. This function is responsible for on-site deliveries in this region, working in close co-operation with other IOS and Group IT functions.
In this role, you will be located in Dublin,VA and reporting to the Director Onsite Americas, IOS, IT Services, Volvo Group IT, and be part of the Onsite Americas management team.
Relocation is available.
- Capture local Infrastructure demand (on behalf of all Volvo Group units)
- Responsibilities will also involve business stakeholder relationship management, local business stakeholder IT representative, local accountability for processes and IT runtime management, and full responsibility of all ITS resources and deliveries
- Oversee the monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and administration of IT systems, including servers, storage, network, databases, messaging, and collaboration platforms.
- Responsible for the operation of a mission-critical 24x7 IT infrastructure, including data center operations, WAN/LAN/Wireless networks, monitoring, and configuration tools.
- Recovery of applications and systems to enable the retrieval of information.
- Manage all service level agreements and produce metrics in support of results. Analyze results to identify trends and opportunities for continual improvement.
- Meet regularly with regional teams to review work assignments and project tasks, set priorities, communicate, and share issues.
- Evaluate technology risks, ensure that mitigation plans are in place, and escalate when necessary.
- Ensure that a process of continuous review and improvement is inherent throughout all elements of the Infrastructure Services team.
- Prepare the department budget and execute according to the plan, approving the expenses.
- Manage the technical team, ensuring the proper competence development.
- Management of IT disturbances with a focus on coordination, quality control, and continuous improvement
- Desk-side support
- First Level Application support of Global System Map applications driving factory operations
- End-user request services
- Local and legacy business application (Support, Maintenance, Enhancement, and Deliveries in collaboration with Solution Unit)
- Request management and dispatching
- Support of one-time deliveries
- Drive standardization and ensure consistency of on-site deliveries
- Maximize business value and efficiency thru active quality management and control
- Follow and execute global work instructions set by other ITS teams
As a manager, you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a leader in and excel in demonstrating core values according to the Volvo Way. Since you are part of a regional unit, you will need to actively cooperate with various stakeholders and navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment. You must have an innovative and creative mindset to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your unit, understanding how these contribute to the Volvo Group vision and strategy.
- Proven experience in developing and coaching people
- Strong background from working in an IT delivery organization, including solid knowledge about methods used
- Strong understanding of delivery management
- Knowledge about the solutions in scope
- Knowledge of Lean Management or VPS is highly desirable
- Mindset for total quality management including control and continuous improvement
- Experience from leadership in a global context
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a requirement
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
- have the ability to drive for results
- have excellent prioritization skills and the ability to eliminate roadblocks
- have a leadership characterized by a high level of integrity and trust
- have a strong customer focus
- have a leadership style characterized by fairness to direct reports
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field is required or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
A Master's Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience and progressive experience in managing IT infrastructure and services, preferably for a manufacturing business.
- Experience with support and operations for IT infrastructure, including compute and storage (Linux and Wintel), Network, Application Hosting, Database, Messaging, Unified Communications, and Collaboration.
- Experience in the delivery of infrastructure services in a global organization.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.