What we are looking for
We are looking for a system architect with an embedded system focus.
The Stream Architect will work both strategically and operational, supporting the engineering teams in delivering software and hardware solutions for ICE, electric, fuel cell and automated commercial vehicles.
This is us, your new colleagues
The Vehicle Motion and Energy Management (VMEM) stream is a newly formed engineering department within Vehicle Technology at Volvo Group Trucks Technology. We lead and develop complete vehicle motion, -energy and -thermal control solutions for safe, sustainable and efficient transportation.
Our products consist of software and hardware related to steering, braking, suspension, propulsion, active safety and cooling & heating for trucks.
In our management team for Vehicle Motion and Energy Management you will find an open mind-set and value creation focus. We strongly believe that having fun at work is one important enabler for high performance. We encourage people to take ownership and to see the whole picture with both the business and customers in focus.
What will you do, as Stream Architect?
- Work with different teams across the business to translate concept ideas into requirements and solutions across the whole vehicle with specific focus on motion and energy management solutions
- Responsible to define and maintain System Design and Architecture solutions and allocate requirements to hardware, software and mechatronic components
- Keep the stream architectural roadmap together on which we can develop functionalities/services according to the product/platform strategies and roadmaps
- Bring a holistic and system view to the stream and sub-streams, explain the context and the reference architecture, provide design principles and guidelines
- Capable of steering technical decision-making meetings with all stakeholders to achieve balanced design trade-offs.
- Participate in the architect community to align design strategies and mature bigger architectural steps (e.g. T3)
- Contribute actively in developing the system concept solution, facilitate discussions and reviews with other architects
- Support the VP/portfolio manager/product managers and owners in clarifying and breaking down the epics/capabilities
- Member of the VMEM Leadership Team
- Strong experience in embedded E&E systems, preferably in the automotive industry
- Significant experience in systems engineering and architecture
- Experience in function and software development in a real-time embedded system
- Good understanding of the overall product development flow and product lifecycle in a complex global environments, from initial concepts to production and maintenance
- Good knowledge of modern architectural design principles and patterns
- Knowledge of Automotive standards and practices related to Functional Safety and Cyber-Security
- Knowledge of onboard communication technologies (LIN, CAN, Ethernet, diagnostic protocol, SOME/IP etc.)
- Basic knowledge of SW platforms such as Classic and Adaptive Autosar, Linux, Automotive Android
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Solution-oriented mindset with a holistic and system view
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to abstract, conceptualize and solve multidisciplinary problems
- We also believe it is important that you have several years of leadership experience and a genuine interest in inspiring and developing people and technology
- Experience within the areas of control system and mechatronics
- An academic education within the engineering area
Give us a call, and we will gladly explain more!
Andreas Sundqvist, Vice President Vehicle Motion & Energy Management, +46 73 9021111
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.