Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Mission/Purpose of Job
Both of the Volvo Action Service and Mack OneCall teams take care of their customers across North America by getting them back on the road quickly if they experience a breakdown or need any other type of assistance. We follow up on the status of the breakdown and negotiate solutions to logistical and technical problems. We strive for customer success, and take problem solving to the next level. Our team is located at the heart of Volvo Trucks’ Uptime Center in Greensboro, North Carolina. Our colleagues have vast backgrounds and experience, and we operate 24/7 365 days a year.
As an Uptime Support Sr. Specialist, you will be a key member of the Volvo Action Service and Mack OneCall teams providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced high-volume call center. The primary focus of the job is delivering the ultimate experience for our customers in the event of a breakdown. Additionally, it is the expectation of this role to support other agents in technical matters where applicable. This includes managing to our customers’ expectations and unique profile requirements, dispatch service and follow up with the service provider to find solutions to get trucks back on the road. Delivering an exceptional customer service is something we pride ourselves on which also gives our customers a long-lasting impression of our brand.
- Promptly answer and accurately document and respond to customers’ requests from incoming phone calls regarding roadside assistance or other inquiries while demonstrating a pleasant and professional phone etiquette. Deliver extraordinary customer service to customers, using sound business judgment. Listen and probe for additional information as necessary.
- Utilize technical skills and capabilities to provide troubleshooting support to customers as well as other agents when performing case management functions.
- Accurately document inquiries in case management tools to ensure a fully transparent and seamless customer experience. Keep interested parties informed during the entire breakdown event. Assist customers utilizing provided tools, resources and systems and follow standard documented operating procedures to ensure a consistent customer experience.
- Coordinate with customers, dealers, and tow vendors during a breakdown event. Provide ETA and ensure timely follow ups and manage cases to completion. Ensure required information is captured and adhere to set standards to exceed customer expectations. Be able to locate, understand and provide technical specification information as well as warranty information when needed.
- Collaborate and build team relationships with peers and colleagues to effectively contribute to the working groups achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work
- environment. Active participation in the development of the team including its working procedures and environment.
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate individuals and/or groups to ensure success in daily activities supporting our customers and the team overall.
- Provide excellent customer service and problem solving in end to end case management if issues arise with services provided, case financials or customer inquiries. This includes proper customer and dealer follow up to promote excellent and ongoing communication in the service event.
- Address customer complaints effectively during case coordination and know when escalation to team lead is necessary to ensure timely case progression. Make sound decisions concerning the prioritization of service (e.g., safety concern). Identify situations that require special handling and coordinate with the supervisor and/or manager. Support other team members when questions arise with technical questions.
- Perform any other tasks as needed and directed by supervisory and/or management staff.
- Strong data entry and computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills supported by strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative problem solving, research and analytical skills.
- Capability to apply technical knowledge and background to situations as they relate to customer concerns.
- Demonstrate strong product and process knowledge as they apply in customer communications.
Essential Education/Training and Certificates
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Vocational school training/degree preferred.
- ASE Mechanical certificate or equivalent and/or relevant work experience preferred.
- Military mechanical experience is a plus.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- 2+ years of customer service / technical support experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft operating systems.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time while using a computer and other devices.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.