Do you want to be a part of that journey?
Right now we are looking for a Solution Architect / IT Architect within Architects US, Solution Architect Chapter.
As a team we are together responsible for providing a modern, efficient and secured environment supporting Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks North America business solutions, increasing customers and dealers experience & satisfaction. It is important you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge our D&IT organization.
- Ensuring architectural quality and business value in IT investments
- Designing secure IT integrated solutions using relevant platforms & supporting services
- Evaluating business partner needs, aligning them to strategic priorities, and recommending innovative, competitive, and secure solutions
- Implementing IT solutions that align with IT Security Directives while continuing to meet business requirements
- Leading architectural activities such as roadmaps, application fitness exercises, and acting as a Subject Matter Expert in business meetings
- Monitoring current state of supported applications, identifying deficiencies and recommending actions to improve identified gaps
- Supporting our teams with the right tooling for cost awareness and cost optimization
We would like you to have a true interest in modern IT architecture and integration architecture, automation and new technologies. Just like us you have a mindset where everything is possible and learning by asking. Enthusiastic as a person and loves a changing environment. We are big thinkers and always want to meet customer expectations. You probably have some of the following technical skills:
- IT architecture design, solution and infrastructure
- Public Clouds design, securing and implementing
- Understanding of the business processes and solutions of the sub-portfolio is added value
- Ability to evaluate solutions and provide recommendations
- Integration in-house, COTS, SaaS and Cloud solutions
- Cloud Architectures – SAAS, PAAS and IAAS Models, Integration Platform as a Service like Amazon Cloud / Google Cloud Architectures
- Strong experience communicating effectively with security, application and business teams
As well as:
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork
- Well aware of agile cultures and methodologies
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Experience from working in a global context
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years of related
- Performs well in high-pressure, fast paced environment – both independently and as a team member
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
What can you expect from us?
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Work life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
- Remote work opportunities, employment contract and flexible working hours
- Clear career path & extensive development opportunities
- Participation in international projects and different trainings
- Unlimited access to learning including Azure academy, Pluralsight and many more
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual. We are looking forward to meeting you!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.