Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Work with Operations directly to resolve machine issues requiring engineering support.
- Work with Product Maintenance team to review and resolve machine field issues using the appropriate problem solving methods and skills.
- Assist assignment leader with design concepts and day-to-day activities.
- Design electrical/electronic components using CAD systems and support prototyping activities. Knowledge of electrical schematics is an added advantage.
- Understand Electrical schematics/principles, cost objectives, schedule, machine parameters and criteria by use of layouts and installation drawings.
- Assist design engineers and assignment leader in layout, design and creation of drawings via solid modeling, using Pro-E and other CAD based programs, meeting project targets set by assignment leader.
- Implement design improvements and cost reductions on the Compaction & Paver product lines.
- Create Design Change Notices (DCNs) and support assignment leader in release of DCNs.
- Help assignment leader modify machine bills of material (BoMs).
- Supervised interface with vendors and suppliers to locate and approve components.
- Must be able to utilize production control business system and personal computer programs such as InfoPath, Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- Write work instructions for prototype and test technicians. Monitor prototype builds and assure proper assembly.
- Implement product design concepts for manufacturability with Manufacturing Engineering.
- Review, analyze and report on product parameter compliance via test reports, spec sheets, etc. Develop action plans to meet compliance if necessary.
- Must be able to coordinate with all necessary departments within the business in order to develop and produce new designs.
- Communicate to assignment leader any recommendations to meet schedules and plans.
- Currently enrolled in secondary education program. Prefer students majoring in Electronics Engineering, Electrical engineering, or related field.
- Completion of 2+ years of engineering schooling from an accredited university (Bachelors program) or 1+ years of engineering schooling from an accredited university (Master’s program).
- Previous experience working with off-road equipment is a plus.
- Ability to relocate to Shippensburg, PA for duration of co-op.
- Able to manage work on multiple small projects, including quality, schedules, costs, etc. and communicate progress with team and project leaders.
- Requires technical knowledge concerning drafting and design disciplines, product cost and performance.
- Requires electrical knowledge.
- Must be able to sit at a desk or stand at an assigned location and work continuously for extended periods of time utilizing assigned office equipment.
- Must be able to walk through the production facility to work with manufacturing personnel.
- Must be able to operate and test machines or components.
- At times may lift materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.