This position is in our Electrical and Electronics team within Group Trucks Technology. The E&E group is responsible for sensors, wiring harnesses, power cables, control units, starter motors, actuators, and software verification. The successful candidate will support testing, verification, and development of both engine and after-treatment system sensors. You will be working with a team of experienced engineers to develop and deliver components for engine projects. As a hardware engineer, you will need a strong set of analytical and technical skills to troubleshoot issues as they arise. Strong communication is crucial as you will be working closely with other engineers on a frequent basis.
- Develop and verify components to support project introduction
- Ensure all defects are correctly reported, analyzed, assigned, or escalated when needed
- Gather and maintain test data
- Support the team during quality investigations and resolution
- Plan and execute verification testing on components
- Experienced in power components and technology
- Must have experience with CAN, LIN, Analog, and digital communication
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Must have high attention to detail - be able to run strict test cases and identify failures and deviations
- Good problem solver - be able to take a well-ordered approach to solve issues
- Dependability/Reliability: follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects and assigned tasks
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive response to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Basic knowledge of Diesel engines preferred
- Minimum 8 years of related experience, preferably in the automotive industry
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Master's degree in technical field preferred
- Hybrid system development & integration
- Experience with test tools - Matlab, CANazlyer, ATI Vision
- Basic Matlab/Simulink knowledge
- Experience with pressure, temperature, speed, and level sensor technology
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.