Welcome to the Volvo Group. We provide the products and services that enable a thriving local and global economy. At Group Trucks Technology, we develop Research and Development solutions to these global challenges in alignment with our mission to drive prosperity through sustainable transport solutions. We aim to be the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the world and seek to achieve this in accordance with environmental and sustainability objectives. Our North American Group Truck Technology (GTT) R&D Division is core to the development of these transport solutions and talented, capable colleagues are fundamental to our success.
GTT Digital Engineering Americas function is managing for North America the Local Methods Management, Implementation and Change within Develop Product & Aftermarket Product Portfolio (DVP) core methods, including support for Site Coordination and Test, Lab and RnD support.
We are now looking for a Senior Digital Engineering Specialist to join our local team to support the Digital environment in this exciting journey on-site.
By joining us you will become a part of our team spirit based on a passion for our customers, a sustainable future and a good portion of humor and laughs. You will have the autonomy to plan the majority of your own work in order to establish a suitable work-life harmony. Together we will make sure you grow professionally, working with innovation and new technology – having a possibility to continuously learn and open new doors for an exciting career in Volvo Group.
As Senior Digital Engineering Specialist, you will:
- Support Product Project Teams to close process gaps to increase efficiency
- Capture the cases by a close connection with the product projects
- Qualify the requests by leading investigations
- Develop solutions for the cases, gain stakeholder approvals, and implement quick solutions
- As needed, request reinforcement resources from the global DE team and manage deliveries
- Drive reuse of best practices from other projects
- 3-5 years’ experience from business consulting or similar
- Experience in leading/coordinating product development projects or developing processes within the automotive/heavy trucking industry
- Knowledge of processes & methods for EE engineering, and agile principles and ways of working is beneficial
- Knowledge about Digital Engineering on-going initiatives is a plus
- Good facilitation and communication skills, innovative mindset and a track record in managing change in a global organization.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.