Want to learn more?
Mack Trucks is one of North America’s largest manufacturers of heavy-duty trucks, engines and transmissions. Founded in 1900, Mack trucks are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Every Mack truck built for the North American market, from our engine and transmission to the full cab and chassis, is assembled right here in the United States.
We are proud to have our trucks hand-built on our assembly line at our Lehigh Valley Operations facility in Macungie, PA. If you are interested in joining a high paced team, have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction and are eager to make a difference at one of the largest heavy-duty truck manufacturers in North America we invite you to apply to become the Lead Quality Engineer with our company.
At Mack Trucks we strive to support our team members in achieving their goals while working to make our customers successful.
Here at Mack it’s our people that make the difference!
About the PositionAs the Lead Quality Engineer (LQE) at Mack Trucks, you will be responsible for maintaining and upholding internal Quality processes and standards on the Conventional (VEH1) production line across both First and Second Shift (This is a Split Shift Position 12pm to 8pm). This position will coordinate with production, design and customer engineers regarding changes to build methods, tooling, time studies, and design or specification issues that are impacting the overall quality of truck built. In addition to maintaining and upholding internal processes, you will facilitate the journey to implement Global Volvo Group best practices. The Lead Quality Engineer is the initial point of contact for Quality related issues for the Conventional (VEH1) production line.
Our Production Quality teams work to ensure our product meets the high level of Quality demanded by our Customers. This will require sharp critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to ensure the highest level of acceptance and understanding of the concepts we enforce within our production teams. Preferred candidates will have a blend of Mechanical aptitude and strong analytic skills and will be passionate about supporting team goals and learning new concepts.
Main activities and responsibilities for these roles:
- Collaborate and Facilitate Quality activities across both First and Second Shift
- Coach and Lead effective problem-solving activities to investigate nonconformities
- Serve as Quality liaison with support groups and cross functional teams
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other quality problems that adversely affect plant operations. To fulfil this responsibility the Lead Quality Engineer shall apply:
- Data analysis techniques
- Root-Cause Analysis methods
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action Systems
Minimum Education, Experience, and Skillset
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience is required
- At least 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing Environment; Unionized Manufacturing Environment preferred
- Experience in Problem Solving Methodologies required (Root Cause Analysis, Report of Non-Conformity, Kaizen, 5W2H, Fishbone Analysis, HERCA, QPS etc.)
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) and/or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Time Management: Ability to manage changing workload, and complete tasks independently
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: logical approach and acting despite obstacles or ambiguity
- Effective Communication Skills: written and verbal
- Organizational Skills: task management, orderly documentation and info management
- Ability to understand technical specifications and requirements
- High Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint; familiarity with Power BI and Access a plus
- Ability to develop strong relationships with team members, peers and management at all levels
- Strong organizational, verbal/writing and time management skills
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
- Technically oriented; strong working knowledge of automotive operations
- Proven ability to manage multiple conflicting projects to successful conclusion
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.