Assist in controlling and/or minimizing reconditioning costs on Arrow inventory by performing PM services & repairs on Class 7 & 8 heavy duty trucks as well as trailers.
• Perform PM service and annual inspections on Class 8 (some class 7) trucks and maintenance on trailers as needed
• Maintain workspace in safe and orderly manner.
• Perform duties following all applicable safety regulations and processes.
• Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
• Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Situational adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanour in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
• Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications and Certificates
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3+ years’ experience as heavy-duty truck / diesel engine mechanic preferred
• CDL license required
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
• In-depth mechanical working knowledge of all makes of heavy-duty trucks, diesel engines and associated powertrain components
• Familiarity with JPRO (or equivalent) diagnostic reader and associated OEM software preferred
• Individual must have their own tools
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is the leading retailer of used medium and heavy duty trucks in North America, with locations throughout the US and Canada. Since 1950, Arrow has built a solid reputation in the trucking industry by providing high-quality, pre-owned vehicles to customers who want to maximize the value of their purchasing dollars. Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is part of the Volvo Group, a publicly held company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.