The purpose of this job is to provide professional expertise as a competent electrical engineer within a formal engineering process or a major project. Coordinates and performs complex electrical / electronic engineering tasks supporting the mission of the department and/or Volvo GTO serving in a specialist capacity for a complex area. This position requires the ability to interpret the principles, theories, engineering standards and concepts of an engineering area or assignment.
- Serves as an experienced engineer in an area of assignment.
- Completing Order Specification with limited direction and supervision.
- Plans, develops and completes engineering projects within an area of assignment. Emphasis is placed on level of expertise; design release integrity; creativity; analysis; and interaction within internal and external organizations.
- Creates detailed documentation and technical reports.
- Serves as a mentor during onboarding and transitional process
- Utilizes CAD systems to complete electrical component design, packaging and analytical studies.
- Assures compliance with all applicable vehicle regulations (FMVSS, FMCSR, EPA, CARB, etc.) relating to his/her area of responsibility.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and taking appropriate action.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Conceptual Thinking: Understanding how elements, problems, and situations are related to each other and to the larger environment.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required or higher standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and mitigating obstacles or resistance.
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization's vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources to achieve group goals and outcomes.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum education and experience requirements can be met through any one of the pathways described in the charts below. Please note: In order to meet the minimum requirements, each item listed within the pathway chart must be met.
|Education||4 year||Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related field|
|Experience||3 years||Related electrical engineering experience|
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by people assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.