Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.
Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will Be Doing
The Supplier Quality Engineer in Plant (SQP) performs activities in order to improve suppliers’ quality performance in serial production, in order to reduce/eliminate disturbances at our assembly plants. As an SQP, you will secure the Volvo plants regarding supplier quality issues (in cooperation with concerned SQP’s at other plants), having responsibility to support and drive the suppliers’ quality improvement plans. You will work to achieve the purchasing objectives for your segments in accordance with Purchasing Strategic Objectives and with the customer’s needs.
The SQP is tasked with following appropriate processes as outlined in the Business Management System, manuals and instructions covering the purchased parts delivered to the plant where the SQP is working. If the non-conforming material is used in any one of our other assembly plants, the SQP will drive the corrective actions from the supplier for these plants as well, in cooperation with concerned SQP’s in the other sites.
In addition, you will:
- Coordinate containment actions in local Volvo plant and/or at suppliers, initiate inspections/sorting as needed, and in cooperation with local logistics department safeguard replacement deliveries if needed
- Participate in cross-functional root cause analysis activities
- Have daily contact with suppliers regarding supplier quality related issues
- Issue Inspection Reports and follow-up suppliers’ 8D-reports, to ensure root cause is found and robust corrective actions are implemented and documented by the supplier in accordance with SQAM requirements
- Verify, evaluate, and approve action plans from suppliers
- On site at suppliers, review and identify supplier manufacturing risks and improvement areas
- Perform Process Audit at suppliers and drive supplier to close identified gaps
- Report and follow-up on deviations for serial production parts, including initiating, follow-up, and closure of deviation report requests. Take appropriate actions at suppliers to prevent reoccurrence.
- Secure that Customer Claims and Quick Solving Process issues related to purchased material are solved in accordance with SQAM requirements
- Coordinate necessary supplier quality improvement activities with colleagues at other Volvo plants globally
- Lead and/or support crisis situations with internal and external contributors
- Represent Purchasing in local meetings
- Gather supplier quality information and share this with cross-functional teams, e.g. Business Package Teams, and sourcing buyers to support proper information is available for supplier selection decisions
- Attend Part Handling Review meetings
- Based on experience, support Quality & Customer Satisfaction in case of field failure or QJ
- Follow up Supplier performance to decide appropriate supplier quality improvement activities based on trend analysis, e.g. 8D follow up and/or 8D training, Process audit, LPS etc
- Support Low Performing Supplier Process (LPS) activities for suppliers with poor performance in accordance to the LPS process and, in addition, maintain appropriate documentation
- Utilize Firewalls, Supplier Quality Performance Tracking (SQPT), etc. as needed to ensure quality from the suppliers
- Participate in handover from Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) for new parts including Pre-launch Control Plan (PLCP) follow up activities
- Monitor supplier KPI/PI performance and act as necessary
- Ensure supplier submission of Part/Process Change Notification (PPCN) if required as an outcome of chosen corrective actions
- Identify and highlight knowledge gaps in Quality tools, e.g. 8D, Root Cause Analysis, 5W2H, etc.
- Collect and evaluate experience and knowledge from overall business; lessons learned to avoid repeated mistakes or failures
- Ensure collaboration and interaction with counterparts in Supplier Quality and Development, Quality and Development, Group Trucks Technology, and Group Trucks Operations when dealing with supplier issues
- Use warranty data to adjust daily activities
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance experience in a Heavy Truck/Automotive environment
- Developed problem-solving skills, analytical in nature, good knowledge of Lean concepts
- Preventive mindset
- Ability to create networks and lead cross-functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or similar is preferred
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.