This is no longer a conventional commercial vehicle company. An increasing global population, booming e-commerce, and a growing, connected middle class all contribute to rising demand for construction and transportation. Climate change, congested cities, and hazardous road and working conditions call for future transportation technology and systems solutions that are safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
This transformation journey needs to be sustainable for the success of Volvo Group and for the survival of our planet. Here is where you come into the picture.
Do you enjoy working across a broad spectrum of Heavy Truck solutions? Do you like the diversity of working across different disciplines? Do you like a different challenge every day, instead of working with the same issues day in and day out? Do you have a passion to ensure customers maintain a high level of Uptime?
We at Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer dedicated to working with suppliers to ensure our customers keep their vehicles on the road in the Uptime & Adaptation team, and we need you!
Our Offer To You
We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located globally. We are responsive and creative, and we bring a high level of value to our customers. We are flexible, we support each other, and we are open for dialogue and exchange. We embrace continuous improvement, we are target oriented, and we always go the extra mile.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Are you ready to be part of our team and embrace the challenge?
What You Will Be Doing
- Work cross functionally within the Volvo Group to secure products and projects
- Ensure supplier processes are robust and consistent to deliver a Quality Assured product
- Be an Ambassador for Quality Assurance
- Use established quality tools such as APQP & PPAP with other Volvo Group specific tools
- Provide technical support by working closely with the Buyer teams
- Assist the Buyers by scouting for new suppliers that meet the Service Market needs
- Build strong relationships with suppliers, highlighting improvement opportunities
- Work with speed and agility to quickly solve supplier quality issues
- Deliver training on Quality Assurance & various tools both internally and at suppliers
- Work with remanufactured products to contribute to a more sustainable product
- Bring creative and innovative solutions to the whole value chain (challenge the existing model
- Foster the Volvo values (Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance)
- Experience in Supplier Quality within heavy trucking or automotive industry
- Experience/skills in capacity management is a significant advantage
- Engaged and self-driven with passion for innovation and sustainability
- Developed business acumen and customer focus with a holistic view
- Service minded and target oriented
- High level of integrity, team oriented
- Perseverant, positive mindset, analytical in nature
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.