Here is an exciting opportunity and customer focused area within Volvo. This is an excellent opportunity within PAMDOC(Product and Aftermarket Documentation) Solution centre in RnDP Dept.
The current team is a close, technically strong, well-knit team that is looking for a strong full stack Java Developer who is able to understand, visualize and build on the business requirements to harness their experience for a more optimized and better systems/solutions to various business problems, business needs!
Java Full Stack Developer:(Server and UI skills)
3+ years of experience in Java Web technologies listed in the skills.
• Expert in Core Java, spring framework, and JPA
• Strong knowledge in DB preferably in PostgreSQL Database
• MQ testing
• Good working knowledge of XML, JMS, and Swings
• Hands-on System and integration testing
• Knowledge of JIRA would be added advantage
• Knowledge on Tomcat & Web sphere/JBOSS server/Open shift
• Domain knowledge – understanding of business cases and end-users.
• Technical knowledge – understanding of system architecture and design.
UI Technical skills:
• Minimum 6 months experience in Backbone (Marionette)
• CSS 3 / Bootstrap / Mobile Responsive – 6 Months
• Experience in HTML5
• Experience in JQUERY
• Good to have Angular skills
As an Application Developer you will be responsible for:
• Support and Maintenance of multiple applications. Also, the candidate would be expected to work
on Design and development of CRs
• The planning, estimating, coding, deploying, and testing of solutions
• Develop efficient software according to business requirements within agreed time frame
• Ensure compliance with relevant Group IT processes, methods and tools, and business processes
• Ensure applicable IT security directive is followed for the solution
• Gather functional and non-functional, requirements from the stakeholders and document such requirements
• Propose changes that make the system more efficient and/or reduces operation or maintenance
• Create good practices and propose improvements
• Coach Application Developer Specialist ITs at previous step and same step
• Develop detailed designs of medium complexity applications/database
• Be competent in cost effective estimation and planning of development, deployment and operation activities
If the above prospects fits your skills and your aspirations, please apply for this position with your latest CV on or before Nov 30th 2021.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.