“The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values- Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey”.
Volvo Group Accounting and Company Control, Record to Report Department in Bangalore, is looking for candidates for the position of Accountant – JL2
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Finance.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience within General Ledger accounting, reconciliation, Month end close reporting processes, Financial reporting.
- Experience in working with Excel, Access and Power Point are required
- Preferable experience in working with SAP Exposure to GL, AP, AR, FA Module.
- Cooperation with Volvo Group Partners:
- SAP Master data maintenance – FI/CO
- Records of business transactions related to the General Ledger
- Preparation of financial reports
- Daily contact with clients within assigned area of responsibilities
- Participation in internal and external audits
- Understanding of Interfaces and impact on financial statements
- Monitoring and analysis of business transactions according to IFRS and Volvo Group Financial Policies and Procedures
Special requirements in relation to initiative, judgment, flexibility, communication, management etc.:
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid knowledge about data validation, presentation and interpretation
- Fast learner i.e. able to learn the basic accounting flow in the different systems used and transform data into usable information.
- Thorough, detailed and responsible
- Team work attitude and service minded
- Good IT skills/technical expertise
- Flexible to work in shifts.
- Commitment, self-reliance and accuracy
- Ability to contribute various lean ideas, process improvement initiatives to drive efficiency in process.
- Preferable experience from the Manufacturing industry/ shared service experience is a plus)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.