The Volvo Group is building a new competence center in Wroclaw, Poland. The center will work with analyzing product information in order to perform classification for Trade Compliance purposes. Customs classifications are the foundations for knowing duty rates, calculating the preferential origin status for our products related to free-trade agreements, and also to determine the license requirements on dual-use goods. In the service center we will assign Customs Tariff Codes (HS/HTS) as well as classifications related to dual-use and economic sanctions (e.g. ECCN). The team will work in an international environment and also define regional classifications required for border crossings on a global arena.
If you have a background in trade compliance already, or have a technical background with experience from engineering, maybe have been working with patents or product development and would like to grow into a role as a specialist within compliance, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! In our team, you will be working with classifications for customs tariff codes, export control classification and regional add-ons to secure compliant imports and exports.
This is us, your new colleagues
- The team is new and will be built from scratch. This means a unique opportunity to be part of the journey from the very beginning and influence the culture and the way we are working. We are going to transfer a solid business, including training from existing experts. The new setup will work with agile principles and we are planning for an incremental transition of the existing business.
- We are aiming for a global team with friendly, passionate and skilled colleagues with many different backgrounds, that can operate in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge sharing and openness are key characteristics in our team.
- We are part of the Customs and Trade function and we have a close cooperation with all regions that are performing the customs clearance operations.
Key Responsibilities as Junior Classification Specialist
The main responsibility in this role is to secure that import and export of products and components comply with regulations. The role has focus on analysis and classifications of products and components.
Our aim is that in time you will be able to:
- Classify and maintain supporting information on all Import/Export parts for various business areas.
- Research systems and databases for information needed for classification determinations.
- Work with various departments within the supply chain including external suppliers as part of classification process.
- Support classifications with justifications.
- Assist in maintaining policies and procedures for compliance.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external parties to address Harmonized Tariff related inquiries.
- Assist with overseeing Import/Export and Customs operations as needed.
- Take on any new projects as assigned
Who are you?
- We think you are either working with customs classifications already or have experience from engineering. Part of the job is to understand and interpret regulations as well as being able to explain them to others. For this position it is valuable to be able to see both holistically and dive into details when needed.
- We are looking for a person who is a skilled communicator, who enjoys networking and feels confident and comfortable being a spokesperson.
- We think that you have a university degree in engineering or customs related fields.
- English is required, both verbally and written.
Once we can go back to traveling there will be some occasions for that in this position.
This is a terrific opportunity to develop in a unique role, so don't hesitate to apply and co-create the great team!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.