To strengthen our organization, we are now recruiting a Technical Information Specialist. Do you see challenges as positive and are ready to take some actions? Do you have a technical interest and aspire to always create value for the customer? Working with interaction and communication through digital media is a keen interest and you use images and illustrations in a natural way to enhance your work? Then we are hoping to hear from you!
Service Market Technology is a function within Global Service Market Technology at Volvo Buses. We are responsible for reducing “downtime” and increasing “profitability” for the bus owner/owners. Service Market Technology is represented in Sweden, Poland, Brazil, Mexico and India.
We are now looking for a Technical Information Specialist who is responsible for the creation of the information from the planning of how the information is to be presented and designed until the information is sent to the dealer system. This can include the creation and modification of technical illustrations and other technical information within the area of Spare Parts Information and Extended Wiring Diagrams.
The work is carried out in Product Development projects, maintenance, quality, Customer Adaptation changes and should follow the Development Process. Activities and timing of activities are described in the Project Handbook.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Working according to the DVP Processes
- Deliver Parts Information based on information from Projects, maintenance, and quality changes
- Create Extended Wiring Diagrams
- Planning of the project within the area of responsibility and should provide an estimation of resources needed upon request from the project manager
- Participation in project work
- Cooperation within other processes
- Contribute to the Spare Part Information Policy for the area of responsibility
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent competence
- Technical Information Specialist or equivalent experience is a merit
- Knowledge about the Product Development Process is merit
- Good knowledge of technical drawings (2D and 3D)
- Good knowledge of electrical diagrams
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Knowledge about aftermarket and product development systems and processes in Volvo will be an advantage
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Business-oriented with a clear customer focus
- Holistic view and ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relations
- Pro-active and open mindset
- Strong team player, self-starter and the ability to take initiative
- Good command of English spoken and written
What we offer:
- The highest standards of organizational culture based on Swedish patterns
- Development and career opportunities in global structures
- Friendly workplace: a modern campus with a medical facility, restaurant, recreational areas (sports fields and tennis courts)
- Private medical care
- Diversity and inclusion in the workspace
- Free parking space for employees
- Charity initiatives
- Work Life Balance
- Development opportunities
- Introductory trainings
- Contract of employment
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The transportation industry is transforming at a higher pace than ever before. Very much driven by electromobility, connectivity and digitalization, new business models and opportunities to create value for our customers and society are evolving. If you think this sounds exciting and want to be part of a company committed to take a leading position in this transformation, we have an opportunity for you!
Volvo Buses is one of the world’s leading bus manufacturers, with a strong focus on driving prosperity through transport solutions. The product range includes complete transport solutions, city buses, intercity buses and tourist coaches, as well as services in financing, vehicle servicing, diagnostics, productivity and traffic information. Volvo Buses is part of Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses and construction equipment as well as drive systems for marine and industrial applications.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.