Would you like to be leading the aftermarket input to development of new or improved transport solutions? Does the chance to be the customer voice in developing advanced transport solutions for Mack and Volvo trucks excite you? Would you like to be part of a dynamic hands-on engineering team with responsibility for all areas of the truck and all product ranges in North America?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, read on!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) is the research and development organization of the Volvo Group. This position is in our Aftermarket Technology, a section of the Complete Vehicle engineering of GTT. We provide state-of-the-art customer focused engineering, service, and diagnostics solutions to support our products in the aftermarket.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the maintainability engineering activities for an assigned sub-stream or component.
- Participating in concept reviews and packaging studies to ensure designs optimized for maintainability.
- Conducting in depth maintainability cost analysis to ensure optimized concept selection.
- Building & presenting business cases to support concept selection optimized for maintainability.
- Gathering information from Brands and support lead engineers in translating into quantifiable product and technology requirements for maintainability.
- Supporting lead Engineers in balancing requirements within all technology and vehicle streams.
- Representing maintainability engineering in technology and vehicle sub-streams.
- Communicating and clarifying maintainability expectations in a constructive dialogue. Co-develop solutions with product development (vehicle and powertrain) and other aftermarket departments.
- Participating in shop activities to evaluate designs, service methods, diagnostic deliveries, and trucks.
What We Are Looking For
- BS in mechanical, electrical, industrial, computer science, automotive engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing solutions for the transport industry (Class 8 HD truck preferred).
- Experience with 3D CAD and supporting programs (PTC CREO preferred).
- Experience in analyzing design solutions and creating business cases base on results.
- Experience in working with a multitude of cross-functional stakeholders.
- A curious mindset, someone who actively seeks new information and can translate it into action.
- A team member who is self-motivated, customer centric and willing to act with conviction.
- Someone who will bring innovative ideas and enjoys working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.