As a key member of the dealer management team, reporting into the Dealerpoint Manager for the area, the Service Managers’ core role is to manage all daily activities within the Dealerpoint efficiently and effectively. Managing and Leading the team in delivering on agreed performance targets. Ensuring that the Dealerpoint team are working in line with GVS Ensuring that all service related work is completed to the highest quality standards. Managing customer expectations, job profitability and workshop productivity targets will be a daily focus to ensure that Dealerpoint profitability is optimised. Leadership responsibility for the motivation & personal development of the team, including effective competence development, succession planning and dealing with employee issues on a day to day basis.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Carry out regular process reviews with your Dealerpoint Manager to identify operational issues / discrepancies
- Assist & provide support to CSR / Workshop Supervisors in specification / codification of non-standard, complex jobs and ensure all such work is agreed with customer before starting.
- Manage hand over of complex or potentially contentious jobs (invoices, claims) to ensure full buy-in and agreement from customer (Retail or Internal.)
- Hold daily production meetings to Plan workload and resources, Review identified issues from previous shift and identify appropriate solutions consistent with standard OTI process requirements.
- Manage the performance of the Dealerpoint in line with GVS and operational KPIs
- With the DPM produce action plans for improvement to ensure the business unit is moving forward with respect to financials, customer service, employee engagement and SHEQ.
- Prepare and take ownership of the Dealerpoint business plan, working hand in hand with the Dealer Point Manager
- Actively participate in the Dealerpoint’s Commercial Crew CRM meetings following the CRM process.
- Anticipate production problems based on forward plan / resources and provide active support to handle workload..
- Ensuring that service and repair work is completed to time and quality standards and all invoice / claim documents are complete and accurate. Managing customer expectations, job profitability and workshop productivity targets will be a daily focus to ensure that workshop profitability is optimised.
- Ensure that constructive annual and mid-year personal business plans (PBP’s) are undertaken at the depot. Ensure that the information gathered from the review is used to identify training requirements to enhance the competence of the team..
- Ensure that the Dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the Health and Safety policy, and strives for continuous improvement in SHEQ.
- To asses and take action on the Dealerpoint debtor list in conjunction with the Credit Control department. Ensuring that queries are within target.
- Carry out regular process reviews with your Dealerpoint Manager to identify operational issues / discrepancies and ensure appropriate follow up actions are taken to rectify.
- Manage the performance of the service department to ensure that KPI targets are achieved
- Hold daily GVS meetings to plan workload and resources, review identified issues from previous shift and identify appropriate solutions consistent with standard OTI process requirements.
- Ensure Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care are adhered to at all times within your work environment.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager.
- To be able to interpret and understand financial information.
- To be able to lead and motivate the team in their daily activities.
- To be able to coach and provide support and guidance to your team to achieve their objectives.
- To have excellent communication skills at all levels both written and verbally.
- To have questioning, listening and information gathering skills.
- To be able to work in an organised and methodical manner ensuring that all daily tasks are completed.
- Negotiation skills – gain agreement on proposed course of action
- To be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome.
- To be able to understand and analyse operational issues and propose appropriate solutions.
- To be able to delegate work to the appropriate personnel.
- To be able to operate GVS and Impact systems, specific to the WPP process stages.
- To be able to carry out performance reviews using the PBP system.
- To work with integrity and belief.
- To always conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Flexible and positive approach to changing workload and priorities.
- To be able to demonstrate empathy and understanding.
- To be able to remain level headed in a fast paced working environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to managing workshop and parts activties.
- Team orientated.
- To be approachable.
- Multi-tasking - To be able to adapt your approach to ensure that changing daily demands are met.
- To be able to remain calm and logical in a dynamic business environment.
- To understand and follow Warranty and contract scope and procedures.
- The application of Volvo Standard Times.
- Knowledge of workshop KPIs.
- An in-depth understanding of WPP.
- CRM Process & supporting tools.
- An appreciation of our customers, the environment in which they operate and the direct impact we can have on their business.
- Volvo technical product knowledge.
- The Volvo Total Offer Wheel and the products contained within it
Education / Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Technology.
- Experience of working within the motor vehicle industry, preferably a technical background from working within a commercial workshop.
- Full knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
- Preferably experience of working within the motor vehicle industry, preferably a technical background from working within a commercial workshop.
- Knowledge / experience of leading teams.
- Presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- An understanding of the Depots customers and potential. Including what industries and type of work our customers undertake – ‘knowing the customer base’.
- Full knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
- An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.